GON Blast

Etoncathunter

My self I enjoy it. This was my 3rd year going, it has become a tradition for me and my son to go every year. He's 6 now and we've been making the trip since he was 4. We just enjoy it as a father /son day. Start out leaving home @ 8am, always stop at the same waffle house and have the same breakfast, go to the blast and wander around and let him play /get face painted, and the afterwords we always go explore bass pro shops as well. I never did the convention thing growing up, it just wasn't something my family did, so maybe I wasn't spoiled by the "good ole days". My expectations aren't too high, I'm just looking for something mildly entertaining and maybe to see some new stuff. My son loves it and was amazed by the snake show this year. He's still talking about it. That in and of it's self makes it worth it to me. Yeah I'm sure there are things that could be improved, but times have changed. As long as we continue to enjoy it, we'll continue going each year.

shakey gizzard

This may have been my last deer show ever. The vendor tactic of yelling at you or trying to give you a flyer is getting old. I look left, I look right...I see your product. If I wanted more info, then I would come to you..facepalm: Plus the duck callers are doing way more harm than good with those loud annoying calls that they are constantly blowing on.....ALL DAY

Dang duck hunters!:rofl:

35 Whelen

Went last year with my 7 year old granddaughter, she enjoyed it and I enjoyed watching her. Did not make it this year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
None of the shows are what they used to be for sure. That being said I still had a good time seeing all the stuff and visiting with some friends from here at Woody's.

This. ^ I go with no expectations and always have a good time. The guy with the IR camera that attaches to your scope was a hit with me.

Sorry I missed you. I was there Friday afternoon. Looked for you but didn't see you.

Rabun

I wasn't impressed either... The big dude with all the leather products to the right of the main entrance was as rude as they come!!! Funny how he set up to do business there and killed a sales opportunity with his smart mouth!

LOL...that had to be the holster dude next to the guy selling beef jerky?

ryanh487

This. ^ I go with no expectations and always have a good time. The guy with the IR camera that attaches to your scope was a hit with me.

Sorry I missed you. I was there Friday afternoon. Looked for you but didn't see you.

The one that had the side-mount viewer and optional eye-piece? That was cool. If it had an effective range of farther than 150 yards I'd be saving my pennies for it.

duckdock

Wow

Does anyone else find it amusing how people get on the GON sponsored forum and bash the GON show? I have been to every show since it's inception 8 years ago, and from my perspective find the BLAST better than any Buckarama I ever attended. Just me two cents worth

poisonarrow

My self I enjoy it. This was my 3rd year going, it has become a tradition for me and my son to go every year. He's 6 now and we've been making the trip since he was 4. We just enjoy it as a father /son day. Start out leaving home @ 8am, always stop at the same waffle house and have the same breakfast, go to the blast and wander around and let him play /get face painted, and the afterwords we always go explore bass pro shops as well. I never did the convention thing growing up, it just wasn't something my family did, so maybe I wasn't spoiled by the "good ole days". My expectations aren't too high, I'm just looking for something mildly entertaining and maybe to see some new stuff. My son loves it and was amazed by the snake show this year. He's still talking about it. That in and of it's self makes it worth it to me. Yeah I'm sure there are things that could be improved, but times have changed. As long as we continue to enjoy it, we'll continue going each year.

That sounds like about as good of a day as you could have, getting to spend it with your son. Doesn't get any better! Don't let that tradition die, he will remember this as, "the good ole days."

NUTT

Reckon why they didn't stay home and weedeat or something. Opportunity to go to a hunting show in July and it gets bashed. Wish I coulda gone...:deadhorse:

Etoncathunter

That sounds like about as good of a day as you could have, getting to spend it with your son. Doesn't get any better! Don't let that tradition die, he will remember this as, "the good ole days."

That's what I'm hoping for man. This time was even better cause a friend of mine and his son whose the same age as mine got to go. The boys had a great time.

Mine is the one in the Batman shirt.
connor and dakota.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The one that had the side-mount viewer and optional eye-piece? That was cool. If it had an effective range of farther than 150 yards I'd be saving my pennies for it.

That's the one. Strap it on the scope on your AR and you have the perfect night time yote hunting machine. Throw in a Foxpro electronic call with the remote control and the yotes don't have a chance.

specialk

I got some nice earrings for my wife and the candied pecans were awesome!

whchunter

Drive

I used to enjoy them but they have definetly changed. I would go but as I get older it's just not worth the drive and the Atlanta traffic/parking issues. I'll drive a hour and that's tops.

Whit90

I enjoy it every time i go! got my 6 year old his first set of waders this time! Made him put $5 of his own money towards them and he was very proud of that. hes extremely excited for duck season, and im extremely exited to be the one who gets to expose him to hunting and the outdoors!!

rjcruiser

That's pretty much what we do. My kids love it. We watched the truck buck youth shootout on Friday. My son is already saying he needs to shoot a biggun :D

My daughter got her face painted....my son shot the bb gun and did the mechanical bull. I even got on the bull....but....the girl operating it decided to make a fool out of me :D

Got a couple of free t-shirts....some of bigelow's secret rub....some broadheads for my bow and a couple of machete's from Razorblade. The kids got a few stickers, a blow gun and a knife...all in all, it was a good time.

That's when we were there....lol...wonder if we saw each other.

riprap

Was there a fee to get in? I find it very hard to pay to go in a place to buy something.

Maybe the booths are very expensive to rent. A local sporting goods store in my area quit going to the fisharama due to high booth prices. They use to bring tons of good stuff and had very good deals. They said it got too expensive to go. They would rather have a sale at the store.

Horns

Was there a fee to get in? I find it very hard to pay to go in a place to buy something.

Maybe the booths are very expensive to rent. A local sporting goods store in my area quit going to the fisharama due to high booth prices. They use to bring tons of good stuff and had very good deals. They said it got too expensive to go. They would rather have a sale at the store.

Yeah. $8 each.