The heat hits the streets Thursday

mikelowery9

We drop the end gates Thursday. New piece of property hasn't been run in 8 years, should be action packed. Pictures and updates have been scarce on here this year, Hopefully I can change that for y'all over the weekend.

Southernhoundhunter

Good luck to y'all. We've been having a slower year down here on the coast. Hot weather has killed our productivity this year

mikelowery9

Killed 11, Couple 8's, Members saw and missed some good deer. Dogs lit it up all weekend. Overall good start to the season.

mikelowery9

Hasn't been as action packed as we thought. Killed around 25 since thanksgiving. Blocks are big, hard to get them stood the way they need to be. Dogs have been smoking them.

grouper throat

Those bigger blocks are tough. Have y'all seen the deer really don't know how to run hard and just dodge a lot? These in our lease have been still hunted for 4-5 years and are just now starting to learn to run harder.

mikelowery9

We have had some check out the blocks quick, probably the big boys toting the sure nuff head gear. Dogs usually strong enough to push em on out without letting them loop around. Deer been doing a pretty good job of finding gaps to escape. Starting to figure out their patterns so hopefully will produce some better numbers.

grouper throat

I never even thought about that... most of the dogs the other guys run are half breeds or deer beagles which could be more of the reason.

mikelowery9

I run 3/4 and 1/4 walker beagles. Strong nose and have run away from some big walkers and blue dogs. Dogs only as fast as it's nose. If he is in there we will find him. A lot of people just cast dogs and let them do their thing. I prefer to walk with mine, just to make sure they are hitting all the spots that looks like where a deer would be bedded down. Kill a lot of deer being in the middle of the block like that as well. With that being said there have been countless times when as soon as they hit the dirt out the box they are gone with it, On those I just hang back and listen to the RACE!!

Latest posts