Coyote Trapper - Cost?

catch22

As many folks talk about, we have what seems to be an increasing number of Coyotes on our property. The owners have suggested hiring a trapper, but we have no idea what that would cost.

Any ideas?

Our property is about 700 acres in Gadsden County, Fl.......a few miles from the GA line

mossyoakpro

Cheaper to do it yourself...I found out the hard way on that.

I just bought all the equipment I will need for $400.

I have a fella from NY coming next month to try to help me out and show me the ropes since not one person on here had any interest.

Best of luck!!

SemperFi

Unfortunately this forum isn’t what it used to be. There use to be a lot of good people in here with a wealth of knowledge willing to help folks out. I don’t really know what happened, but there are only a few left that really post on here. To really get answers to your questions or find someone near you to help out I would suggest checking out some groups on Facebook. I’m in Georgia trapping and down south trappers. I promise you’ll find out what you need and someone to help in those groups.

As far as what is would cost there are a lot of variables in that. The main thing would be how far hired trapper has to drive to get to land everyday. Also how much land it is, is there a good road system, and is it accessible by truck or will they need a 4 wheeler. Most of the time there will a set fee of $100 and up depending on distant trapper must drive to property and how many traps they are putting out. Some then charge a daily check fee or per targeted animal. As stated it would be a lot cheaper to do it yourself, but what is your time and expertise worth.

Last edited:

mossyoakpro

Unfortunately this forum isn’t what it used to be. There use to be a lot of good people in here with a wealth of knowledge willing to help folks out. I don’t really know what happened, but there are only a few left that really post on here. To really get answers to your questions or find someone near you to help out I would suggest checking out some groups on Facebook. I’m in Georgia trapping and down south trappers. I promise you’ll find out what you need and someone to help in those groups.

Thanks....I will figure it out, I have close to 5000 acres that I can trap. It may take me some trial and error but I will figure it out. It's a crying shame that a fella from NY is willing to drive 15 hours to help me out but not a single person in my own state will. All he asks for in return is for the hides off any critters we catch to help cover his expenses.

I will check out those pages on FB.

Thanks for your service to our country!! Semper Fi!!

Yotedawg

I am a predator hunter in Grady county Georgia just above you. Do you know Florida's laws concerning coyotes? If you have some fields on that 700 acres to hunt at night, we may could help you out if that's something you are open to. It would depend on Florida's laws. What part of Gadsden are you in?

Yotedawg

Does Florida require a license to hunt a non indigenous species? I know Georgia requires me to have a license to hunt coyotes. Not sure why other than they want the revenue. But that covers me when we call in fox or cats.

Thanks....I will figure it out, I have close to 5000 acres that I can trap. It may take me some trial and error but I will figure it out. It's a crying shame that a fella from NY is willing to drive 15 hours to help me out but not a single person in my own state will. All he asks for in return is for the hides off any critters we catch to help cover his expenses.

I will check out those pages on FB.

Thanks for your service to our country!! Semper Fi!!
Mossyoakpro... I am sending you a private message.