cold weather hunting jacket

Ihunt

If you’re going to cabelas get something with windshear. Staying warm is a lot easier if you can keep the wind off of you.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Windproof is one of the most important things you can get built into your outer layers.

I wear this jacket with a base layer and a middle insulating layer down to the teens without issue. Of course the jacket alone will not keep you warm, it will work well with a full layering system that concentrates on quality layers and keeping neck, head, wrists and feet warm.

This is a GREAT quality windproof jacket. It has a fleece lining on chest and back but not in the sleeves which helps with shooting the bow.

Do not let the price fool you, this is my go to and most of yall know that nothing keeps me out of the woods

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939205447/midwayusa-mens-prairie-creek-softshell-jacket

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Windproof is one of the most important things you can get built into your outer layers.

I wear this jacket with a base layer and a middle insulating layer down to the teens without issue. Of course the jacket alone will not keep you warm, it will work well with a full layering system that concentrates on quality layers and keeping neck, head, wrists and feet warm.

This is a GREAT quality windproof jacket. It has a fleece lining on chest and back but not in the sleeves which helps with shooting the bow.

Do not let the price fool you, this is my go to and most of yall know that nothing keeps me out of the woods

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939205447/midwayusa-mens-prairie-creek-softshell-jacket

I've got the exact same jacket, and I laugh every time I think about how cheap it was. It's fantastic.

Rich Kaminski

I wear a hooded thinsulate jacket.It is very light and not bulky - yet I stay extremely comfortable with just a t-shirt and a shirt under it.

Bob Wallace

I wear a base layer of wool thermals, a plaid shirt, fleece vest, neck gator and my UA Aeton jacket and it keeps me plenty warm with good movement. Bottoms are typically wool base layer and wind proof fleece pants. Silk socks under heavy wool socks and my muck boots.

Jim Boyd

Cabelas got the XL Wooltimate jacket back in stock again.

Ordered an extra one yesterday simply because it was $65 and no shipping.

Deal of the century on one of the warmest coats I have ever had.

Just a heads up!

zeke392

Thanks for all the input guys, still not bought anything but I got options