New plots

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
LOL!!! Wow!!!

As far as clovers go, they are best planted in the fall, after your weeds have been taken care of. This time of year, they don't always get their root system established, for the heat (and dry) of the summer, so it's best to save your money for a fall planting.

BCPbuckhunter

I would put something down just so you don't have bare ground right now-not good to leave it bare. I would put my lime down and till it in. I would recommend putting alyce clover down. It can thrive in lower ph soil fine. It is not a true clover and it looks nothing like clover but it grows good and it can help keep weeds down. You can spray clethodim over it for grass killing also once it is established without hurting it. Frost will kill it so make sure we are past that before planting any. It will feed your deer all the way to fall and then I would plant my perineal clover in October with a nurse crop of cereal rye. You can plant it two ways. You could till in the alyce and plant the clover and rye or you can just broadcast your clover and rye and cut the clover down on top of it to form a thatch layer. It is called the throw-n-mow and I love it. It is best to do it right before a good rain for it to work right but it is great for your soil. My best clover plots were done with this method.

Last Minute

Thanks for all the input guys! I appreciate the information and suggestions and will be spreading lime in the coming weeks and start working to amend my soil for the fall.