Specks

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely perch are delicious,,,, not as good as walleye though,,,, I'm surprised that you don't have yellow perch in Fontana,,,,

Fontana has plenty of yellow perch. Almost every lake around here does. And I'll put perch and walleye about even for eatin'-probably my two favorite freshwater fish.

Cmp1

BANNED
Fontana has plenty of yellow perch. Almost every lake around here does. And I'll put perch and walleye about even for eatin'-probably my two favorite freshwater fish.

If you've never tried whitefish,,,, you should,,,, right up their near the top of the freshwater fish,,,, especially smoked,,,, cold smoked,,,,

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If you've never tried whitefish,,,, you should,,,, right up their near the top of the freshwater fish,,,, especially smoked,,,, cold smoked,,,,

Fresh mullet are really good smoked. Good fried too. And canned.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

We don't have any whitefish down here, unfortunately.

This thread threw a cravin'-I dug my last pack of crappiespeck fillets out of the freezer and gonna fry 'em up tomorrow night. :)

Cmp1

BANNED
We don't have any whitefish down here, unfortunately.

This thread threw a cravin'-I dug my last pack of crappiespeck fillets out of the freezer and gonna fry 'em up tomorrow night. :)

There's a few places online out of Wisconsin that you can order it smoked,,,, really good,,,,

Last Minute

[QUOTE=NCHillbilly
This thread threw a cravin'-I dug my last pack of crappiespeck fillets out of the freezer and gonna

Sounds good!! Some fresh fried specks sure would hit the spot lol....lets see some pics!

Latest posts