Whatcha got?

Kwaksmoka

I've got 2 pair, rocky zip ups not a huge fan of they aren't too bad but no longer waterproof. I bought a pair of danner last summer on a huge sale haven't worn them yet. I've been thinking about getting the lacrosse alpha snake boots, I want something that's waterproof light and comfortable!!

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I bought a pair of Chippewas this year.
I've worn muck rubber snake boots for years, I do believe they gave me plantar fasciitis.

Even with inserts the LaCrosse lace-up/zip-ups affected me the same way. The soles are permanently bent concave which aggravates the condition due to my high insteps. This year I hope the fitted Russells are in before the season. For wet weather, the LeChameuax Chasseurs with inserts work fine. I wear Turtle Skin gaiters over them. Portions of the foot are not gaiter protected, but better than nothing. Gil

Lumpkin Hunter

Danners

Had my Danners about 7 years they are still going strong. Mine are the Copperheads I think. Don't think they have this line any more. One trick I use is the bottom is leather so I rub them down especially in the stitching areas with Mink Oil two or three times a year. I wear them turkey season, bow season and gun season until it gets so cold I can't keep my toes warm with wool socks and toasty toes. Never had to break them in when new they felt like tennis shoes on my feet. When these wear out if they do I will buy more Danners. My next cold weather boot will be a Danner also when my Rocky Grizzlys wear out or start to leak.

returntoarchery

I have a pair of Danner Sharptails. On my 6th or 7th year with them. They had stopped making them for a while. Looks like they're back. Got them after returning a pair of Rocky's and a pair Red Heads to BassPro after only 2 hunts because they leaked. The associate at Bass Pro told me to look for the Danner Sharptails. Good advice.

http://www.danner.com/sharptail-snake-boot-17-brown.html

Last edited:

Gaswamp

Even with inserts the LaCrosse lace-up/zip-ups affected me the same way. The soles are permanently bent concave which aggravates the condition due to my high insteps. This year I hope the fitted Russells are in before the season. For wet weather, the LeChameuax Chasseurs with inserts work fine. I wear Turtle Skin gaiters over them. Portions of the foot are not gaiter protected, but better than nothing. Gil

where did you go to get fitted?