First trail camera ordered stealth cam STC-G42NG

Samoset

A Few Night Photos.

ok out of 24 photos i caused 21 the remaining three are of different deer than last week and at night so there is something slightly new to report.

i reset the camera put out a few chopped carrots and set the camera to quick set number three witch i believe is 30 second delay and a 10 second video ill check the the manual and up date if I'm wrong.

last week i scored a free bag of apples so i walked out to the site three times. each time the apples where gone however i only caught one culprit on film there was one random blank photo but that is all.

I'm going to relocate the camera next week moving it closer to site and lower to the ground and ill start thirstiest all over again. with quick set setting one, and then move on to two and three week by week. thus seeing if maybe my camera is a little to high and far back from the traffic.

the whole point of this is to understand how this camera best works and how i can use it in the future.

here go the three night photos i captured this week.

the number one reason i feel i need to move the camera is this deer hung around for 20 minutes as recorded and i only have three photos.

these photos where then on the cameras quick set 2 which is 30 sec delay single shot burst

Samoset

Coyote or Dog?

Moved the camera. To a new location that should have far more triggers.

however i noted some of my videos where heavily glitchy so i may be sending this camera back. I'm going to run it a week more on quick set 3 to see if the next set of videos are glitchy .

caught one interesting video at night I'm trying to make out wether its a coyote or a dog?

https://youtu.be/3XCSNKa981E

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
That is a coyote and a fairly large one too. Zoom in on the video and you can make out a lot more details about the overall photo/video etc.

Samoset

That is a coyote and a fairly large one too. Zoom in on the video and you can make out a lot more details about the overall photo/video etc.

I figured it may be wasn't sure . Didn't want to say I caught a coyote on trail cam and someone ream me for some neighborhood pup photos.

Samoset

Videos not so glitchy!

After running the camera on q3 for a second week I had a number of videos to look threw . However they where all heavily glitchy . So I uploaded some of these videos to YouTube to share with you all.

Upon watching them on YouTube I realized my camera isn't taking bad videos my computer doesn't care for them so my computer is the culprit not the camera .

I caught some video of a stray cat and of some neibor hood kids but nothing worth posting and no sign of that yote .

Not one deer the last two weeks. The trails are worn but my camera skills are not there yet.

I moved the camera again and set it back to quic set 1 .

To be continued:

BuckNasty83

I've got the GX45NG and absolutely love it. I've had almost every brand there is except cuddy and reconyx. I can say without a doubt, it has been the best I've had. Night pics aren't frame worthy, but they are more than good enough to tell you what your looking at and I have never had pure washout pics, blanks, or blurred with 1000''s of pics a week. More than half which are coons on my feeder . I've gotten great battery life with it on video all of last year plus using the display screen. My next addition will be another stealth cam. Highly recommended

Instead of using the quick settings, try creating your own, that best suits you. It has advanced settings, quality, etc.

Last edited:

BuckNasty83

GON is the worst when it comes to posting pics. This is the only 1 I can upload right now without resizing. I'll post some more tomorrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-03-12-54-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-03-12-54-50.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 109

Samoset

Yotes

So far I'm liking this camera. After i checked these photos i went back out and dropped the camera a few feet . i put it back on quick set 1.

curious if these two photos are of the same coyote or two different animals. hopefully with the camera lower ill get a few more pics next week.

photo STC_0035.jpg

photo STC_0008.jpg

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
So far I'm liking this camera. After i checked these photos i went back out and dropped the camera a few feet . i put it back on quick set 1.

curious if these two photos are of the same coyote or two different animals. hopefully with the camera lower ill get a few more pics next week.

photo STC_0035.jpg

photo STC_0008.jpg

This is the same coyote in both photos. I think that this is a female that has a den somewhere nearby as this one is located in the same location on two occasions 3 days apart and both times, it was early in the morning. The body of this one looks like she may be nursing.

On my trail cam photos, there have only been about 3 times over the last 6 years or so that I have seen coyotes stay close like this or lay down etc during multiple times during the day and there were pups involved on these occasions too. These pups grow up really fast and can hunt and survive fairly well in just a few months too. Where there is one, there are lots more of them too. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe Hopefully with your camera lowered somewhat, you will see lots more of what is traveling on your property.

Last edited:

Samoset

What I like

Ok so far I have found my use of this camera very satisfactory. The only caveat I've had so far is the media player on my lap top doesn't seam to care for the videos . Which is no fault of the camera.

I love that the camera even if not a true noglow is practically invisible while taking photos at night. You would seriously have to know where this thing is to find it in the dark.

I like the fact that I can lock it with a pin. Cable and padlock. Witch doesn't make it theft proof but I'll take it.

I like the fact that I scored the camera for under a hundred bucks.

And so far the main issues I've had with photos and triggers are from my lack of experience setting up trail cams .

After I checked the photos this week I went back out and made a few more adjustments to the camera lowering it a bit more and angling it down a bit

From the photos last week I discovered, I have at least one Doe using minerals fairly regularly. Mostly at night. I didn't catch any yotes on camera this week .

Here's one photo of doe on minerals hopefully with my repositioning of the camera I'll have some better photos next week.

Another thing I like is that checking photos gives me something to look forward to each week. I may have to pick up another camera soon.
 photo STC_0024.jpg

Samoset

In the pics .

Well I went from 30ish pics with a chunk of them being me or my dog to 200ish pics with a few camera adjustments. Now that I have a better idea of how to place this camera I'll be able to more effectively use it in the future.

I got a bunch of really nice pictures this week of everything from feral cats to possums,Rats and plenty of deer on mineral. I didn't catch any coyotes this week but I have no doubt they will be back.

I still have a lot of photos to go threw but here is a nice string I caught this last week .

This strand of photos was taken about two hours before I pulled this card and it's probably the best string I have to date.

I did move the camera a little to the right as I had a lot of missed photos and tops of deer heads using the mineral but not walking into frame.

Mineral is in the stump hole from the blow down in the picture.