makes me want to hurl

connorreid

sure...but there again, your using one person as a basis for the rest of the Atheists in the world. At least i am using people within the church to prove a point. Who really cares what Stalin was...other than a murderer...:crazy:
I can give more examples but I think you get the point.....your griping about me, then turning around and doing the same thing you are accusing me of.......by the way, what in the world is "murder" in an atheistic world??? Nothing would matter in an atheistic world - You're born, you live, you die and that's it - NO ACCOUNTABILITY. :pop:

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
My Christian Brothers,

Why are you responding to someone who has made it clear he doesn't like Christians or their message. He's here to do the very thing he's lecturing us Christians about us doing. But he's the one on the spiritual forum saying negative things about God's children.

Good lord, you'd think this was an atheist forum.

This is a forum for spiritual people to fight amongst themselves.

connorreid

My Christian Brothers,

Why are you responding to someone who has made it clear he doesn't like Christians or their message. He's here to do the very thing he's lecturing us Christians about us doing. But he's the one on the spiritual forum saying negative things about God's children.

Good lord, you'd think this was an atheist forum.

This is a forum for spiritual people to fight amongst themselves.
This is a forum for discussion and the atheists should be refuted. Why do you think they take over every institution in our land? B/c Christians are weak and roll over and die. It is shameful, but we must refute their arguments and show that they are foolish and illogical. Pray that Christians would be stronger and wiser.

connorreid

Wasn't that the concept behind the Crusades?? :huh:
Christ's kingdom is of preaching the gospel, not killing by the sword.........sound like "Christian Crusaders" to you???

cjwellz

Stalin= Murderer
Moses= Murderer
Hitler= Murderer
David= Murderer

A Preacher once told me that the only thing an unsaved person will do that a saved person won't is go to Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- when he dies. The ten commandments weren't written to be followed, they were written to point out the fact that they can't be adhered to by human beings; requiring reconciliation by an outside means in order to be ushered into heaven. Does God weigh our sins? Could Hitler not have been forgiven? Sure he could have, Moses and David were. The Bible tells us all to "work out your own salvation"; therefore none of us are to "judge" salvation or ****ation, but spiritual fruit for the purpose of evangelism or support. Atheism doesn't miss the mark any more than any other human philosophy or religion, it just misses the mark period. Therefore, those who have attempted to evangelize an athiest have been faithful to the task given by Jesus; it is His work to save them if they are to be saved, not ours.

connorreid

Stalin= Murderer
Moses= Murderer
Hitler= Murderer
David= Murderer

A Preacher once told me that the only thing an unsaved person will do that a saved person won't is go to Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- when he dies. The ten commandments weren't written to be followed, they were written to point out the fact that they can't be adhered to by human beings; requiring reconciliation by an outside means in order to be ushered into heaven. Does God weigh our sins? Could Hitler not have been forgiven? Sure he could have, Moses and David were. The Bible tells us all to "work out your own salvation"; therefore none of us are to "judge" salvation or ****ation, but spiritual fruit for the purpose of evangelism or support. Atheism doesn't miss the mark any more than any other human philosophy or religion, it just misses the mark period. Therefore, those who have attempted to evangelize an athiest have been faithful to the task given by Jesus; it is His work to save them if they are to be saved, not ours.
I agree with most of what you said. The 10 commandments should be followed (although we can't keep them perfectly). The law points us to Christ b/c we can't keep it. We should strive to b/c we love the Lord and want to obey Him. Jesus said if you love me then keep my commandments. These are His commandments. I don't think it is OK to commit adultery, steal, bear false witness, murder, etc. I'm sure you don't either. Right?

cjwellz

I agree with most of what you said. The 10 commandments should be followed (although we can't keep them perfectly). The law points us to Christ b/c we can't keep it. We should strive to b/c we love the Lord and want to obey Him. Jesus said if you love me then keep my commandments. These are His commandments. I don't think it is OK to commit adultery, steal, bear false witness, murder, etc. I'm sure you don't either. Right?

Absolutely not; it wasn't alright for Moses to murder nor for Hitler to murder. What is the difference between the two? Is one more human than the other or does God simply favor one over the other? I think the difference is simply that one recognized at some point the authority of God, admitted the wrong they had done and genuinely asked forgiveness for their sins. Was Jesus saying that Peter didn't love Him? I don't think He was, rather He was saying live your life as close to Mine as you can and I will help you along the way. I think Jesus was talking about His earthly commandments to "go out and I will make you fishers of men" rather than the Old Testament commandments. Good discussion.

connorreid

Absolutely not; it wasn't alright for Moses to murder nor for Hitler to murder. What is the difference between the two? Is one more human than the other or does God simply favor one over the other? I think the difference is simply that one recognized at some point the authority of God, admitted the wrong they had done and genuinely asked forgiveness for their sins. Was Jesus saying that Peter didn't love Him? I don't think He was, rather He was saying live your life as close to Mine as you can and I will help you along the way. I think Jesus was talking about His earthly commandments to "go out and I will make you fishers of men" rather than the Old Testament commandments. Good discussion.
Christ says in Matt 5: 17 & 18 that "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one JOT or one TITTLE will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." You can't separate the OT and NT. The OT saints looked forward to Christ and we look back. As far as Moses goes, I don't understand what you are talking about. I think all murder is wrong. Also, why would Jesus expound on "adultery" in Matt 5, if he didn't PRESUPPOSE the law that says "do not commit adultery". Same with "murder beginning in the heart" in Matt 5. It is very obvious Christ is expounding on the moral law/Ten Commandments (which are a SUMMARY of the moral law). This, judging by scripture, can't be denied. God bless.