Free: ~50 "position descriptions" for church staff in WORD.

04ctd

it seems the hardest thing is getting folks to KNOW what they should do for their positions at church, so someone sat down and typed these up over the last few years.

they list basic job responsibilities if they are assigned a leadership position in the church. (like attend church council!!)

they were all singles documents, in a huge mess.
I got them all in one document, in one format...
I am not saying the wording is great/correct/fitting to your church...but they are a GOOD START...

and I absolutely HATE having to re-invent the wheel.

so email me at
webmaster@northtrident.org
and I will email them to you in Word.
there's no use to post them on here, and have you C&P them off, and you have to spend hours re-formatting them.

here is an example:
Leadership Position Description
Ministry Title: Associate Pastor
Reports To: Pastor
Date Prepared/Revised: date

Principle Function
The associate pastor supervises the ministerial staff, gives attention to the administrative details related to programming and aids in all pastoral responsibilities as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the pastor.

Specific List of Responsibilities
• Assist the pastor in the overall conduct of the church, aid in special projects, and implement specific assignments by the pastor related to general pastoral activities.
• Assist Director of Education with new member and new Christian orientation.
• Maintain clear channels of communication with the pastor to inform the pastor of needs, activities, and/or problems and to receive the pastor’s input, insight and affirmation related to plans and decisions.
• Meet regularly with the pastor and church council for planning, evaluating and coordinating the ministries of the church.
• Meet with Pastor and Deacons at the monthly Deacon meeting.
• Organize and oversee a visitation program to include inreach and outreach.
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of __________ Baptist Church.
• Serve as an effective member of the Church Council.
• Supervise and assist the church council in planning, coordinating and implementing programs related to their areas of responsibility.
• Work with appropriate groups to develop a comprehensive church calendar.
• Work with the pastor and appropriate committees and other staff members in seeking needed new staff members.
• Work with the staff and congregation to achieve the objectives of the church.

YMMV, but if you think you will ever need them, now is the time to get them!