should we teach hebrew in our schools?

1222DANO

Why would we not teach Hebrew so that these kids would have a fighting chance of understanding their religion?

just alittle knowledge goes along ways..

Artfuldodger

It might be more useful than Spanish or French. I would assume Catholic Schools teach Latin to understand Mass.
Maybe private Christian schools teach Hebrew or Greek.
I would be Ok with public schools not teaching any language other than English. The time could be better spent learning home economics and living on a budget.
Both my girls took Spanish or French and said it was a waste of time.

trckdrvr

Why would we not teach Hebrew so that these kids would have a fighting chance of understanding THEIR religion?

Whos religion?..so we would only allow students of "certain" religions?..or fire the teachers of "certain" religions?

Don't they already have schools that only teach "certain" religions?
Im sure they could teach Hebrew?..

Do you mean Public schools?

1222DANO

Whats the majority of the populations belief?

Is it the KJV?

i do know English is a broken language one of the hardest to learn..

so why not pull us all back together with the learning of a more common language other than spanish.. i mean thats just to teach us to use illegals,

1222DANO

the reason God cannot be proved or disproved here in America is because there no words to describe it..

in order to change the path we're headed down and not go forward in time is to go back to another language.

people say they don't predict the future but yet it happens everytime you see an addict, do you not already know his future?

what about parents thats had a handicap kid do you not know their future?

isn't that predicting the future.. we already know our future and in order to turn around we gotta turn around and choose a language and not one that teaches us to be boys playing..

1gr8bldr

Why would we not teach Hebrew so that these kids would have a fighting chance of understanding their religion?

just alittle knowledge goes along ways..
My vote is to teach inglish:rofl:

1222DANO

i thought it was a democracy?
if the majority is of one religion would it not be better to let them learn on the base's of popular vote..

since when did one new influential vote turn everything around?

is this not a democracy or is it a place to condemn a massive amount of Christians?

Not asking for the bible
just the language..

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
you act like a boy, so maybe you should stick with your joking ways,
Passing judgement? You? :pop:
if the majority is of one religion would it not be better to let them learn on the base's of popular vote..

is this not a democracy
or is it a place to condemn a massive amount of Christians?

Not asking for the bible
just the language..
No it is not. It IS a Representative Republic.

You still have much to learn young one.

trckdrvr

is this not a democracy or is it a place to condemn a massive amount of Christians?

Go back to the Political forum for answers to these questions..our country is not purely a democracy where majority rules..
The individual and minority have a voice in this country.

and rightly so In my opinion.

Artfuldodger

Not asking for the bible
just the language..

By definition, a republic is a representative form of government that is ruled according to a charter, or constitution, and a democracy is a government that is ruled according to the will of the majority. Although these forms of government are often confused, they are quite different. The main difference between a republic and a democracy is the charter or constitution that limits power in a republic, often to protect the individual's rights against the desires of the majority. In a true democracy, the majority rules in all cases, regardless of any consequences for individuals or for those who are not in the majority on an issue.

One would have to look at the republic's charter or constitution to see if there are any stipulations. In a democracy a constitution would not matter.

Artfuldodger

Perhaps teaching Hebrew would not violate our constitution as it is just a language.
I don't know if it's a public schools mission though. It could open the doors for request to teach all languages.

We do have them in the US:
A former congressman who started a public school in Florida where students will learn Hebrew said opening a similar school in New York will be a natural next step.

The Ben Gamla Charter School, which will open August 20 in Hollywood, Fla., has yet to install sprinklers, finalize a car pool list, and deal with critics concerned that Jewish themes in the school's curriculum violate the constitutional separation of religion and state. But its founder, Peter Deutsch, is already focusing on a plan to export his model to New York City within the next two years.

The school has met with some skepticism from the Jewish community in Florida. Leaders of the Anti-Defamation League's Florida chapter and the Jewish Federation of Broward County have testified about the concerns before the local school board, and the board has pledged to monitor the school closely for any constitutional violations.

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/city-could-get-charter-school-that-teaches-hebrew/59459/

Artfuldodger

I often thought I would like to learn Yiddish. Then I could call in sick and tell my boss I was having "Night Shvits" שװיץ: Sweat.

1222DANO

I often thought I would like to learn Yiddish. Then I could call in sick and tell my boss I was having "Night Shvits" שװיץ: Sweat.

i had gotten the flu, man that'll take the Shvits' right out of you..

i know i was looking at the english language and it leads to so many confounded words.. things that don't make sense. these people that can't help themselves on Support one way or the other are a product of not understanding their environment.

1222DANO

confounded words only lead to confusion, they are no words in our language to describe what just happened so therefor most will curse out loud.

The noise of today's world is overwriting language and writing skills. My wife and I have been fussing for awhile and i got tired of talking circles.'viscous circles'.. i told her finally i said write down your problems and i'll write mine.. She started and soon realized what i had been trying to tell her the whole time.. No one thinks about what they say anymore they just say whatever makes since to them.

it actually comes down to the english language allows for word play. So we use them to play in our lives and can do alot of harm without even knowing. Everyone should start practicing reading and writing.

The reason i think Hebrew would fit, is because it reads right to left therefor it sounds more interesting automatically in our brains.