6.5 creedmore.

chase870

Possum Sox
Just won one in a raffle pros cons or any other opinions on this caliber. It’s a browning rifle bolt action

wareagle700

Great, flat shooting round with plenty of factory ammo options. Very good choice for medium sized game. Ballistics are similar to the .260 Remington, 6.5x55, etc.....

Can't think of any cons.

Klondike

Can't think of any either

Reloading is great with tons of options but probably the best precison rifle caliber outside of 308 for cheap but highly accurate factory ammo

Great deer killer and relatively low recoil.

The only potential con I can think of is past 800-900 yards it just doesn't quite have the umph for long range target shooting due to powder capacity. I reach for my 6.5x284 then

bevills1

Ammo costs less and is more widely available than 260 Rem and 6.5mm cartridges with similar performance.

tcward

Just bought a TC Compass in 6.5 and added a Burris Droptine 3x9. Put in a Mcarbo trigger spring kit and WOW! Can’t wait to try it!

deast1988

The wicked, 6.5creedmoor western hunter xbolt hits deer like Thor's hammer.

deast1988

It's in my avatar

Robert28

I haven't gotten on the Creedmore bandwagon but that's only because I have so many calibers I don't get to shoot now. You won a sweet gun sounds like! Wish I had that kind of luck!

rosewood

It is Creedmoor by the way guys.

I prefer the .260, but found a 6.5 Creedmoor in TC Compass at Academy for $225 after rebate. Couldn't pass it up. It is quite accurate. I roll my own, but factory fodder is plentiful and cheap these days, cheaper than the .260 and 7mm08.

Rosewood

GunnSmokeer

Like Roswood said, the name is "Creedmoor".
Named after the NRA's first official rifle range that they operated in New York (what is now Queens Station, on Long Island) from 1874 to the early 1900s.

"Creed" was the name of the family that had sold the land to the NRA.
"Moor" is an old English term for vacant land, usually left in a wild state, often due to its wetness that makes it unsuitable for farming or building structures and putting in roads.

pdsniper

Awesome Caliber got three rifles chambered in it, I see people on youtube hitting targets out to a mile with them

Jester896

Senior Clown
i don't have problems with my .260 at 1-1200 yards...just haven't tried farther....maybe in a couple of weeks.

glynr329

I also am trying to decide what to use this year. Did not have good luck with the 129 sst. Very accurate but did not perform on the deer like I wanted it to.

thumper523

I'm using the Hornady 143 gr ELD-X Precision Hunter, It's the most accurate out of mine. Shot a pig last year and it worked great.

SC Hunter

I wish people would stop saying it's a great round because it's just making me want one more.