first time fly fishing

76 Maverick

im gonna try my luck at fly fishing this weekend but i have no idea what fly to use. im going to be fishing the Chattahoochee around the dunwoody area, im borrowing some flys from my brother and hes letting me use an elk hair caddis, a Chernobyl ant, a krystal bugger and some others i dont know the names of. what would work best?

93yj242

not much going on over here. check out north georgia trout online "ngto" youll find all the info you will need. make sure you call and get the release info before wading out!! good luck to you

fishndoc

I would suggest waiting a few days for the water to clear and the release volume to drop, and then try your luck down at Paces Mill (off US41 below Cumberland).
For a beginner (or even an old pro), a black wooley bugger cast down-and-across and allowed to swing in the current is hard to beat.

BTW, if you do go to Paces Mill, it is C&R.

76 Maverick

i went to the chattahoochee nature center off roberts yesterday and today but didnt catch anything or even get a bite. i lost 2 wooly buggers and 2 elk hair caddis so i think i need to work on my casting.