Moon's cooking squealers in the bayou Driveler #243

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I remember that. Wasn't that her maiden voyage? H22 grew up in the low country. Salt water don't play. He worried so much bout my brothers taking their big salt water fishin boat out in the ocean. Salt water don't play and don't give no warning.

:rofl:

It was. My wrist still troubles me and I`ll carry the scars to my grave. It takes a lot to scare me, but that episode still rattles my cage whenever I think about it.

It took all I had in me to put that boat back in the water that afternoon and go back out.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It was. My wrist still troubles me and I`ll carry the scars to my grave. It takes a lot to scare me, but that episode still rattles my cage whenever I think about it.

It took all I had in me to put that boat back in the water that afternoon and go back out.

I had some really close calls in the Gulf of Mexico, Lake Ponchartrain, and even inland salt water bays on the Louisiana coast when squalls blew in, rough seas offshore, or mechanical issues. Even on large vessels, any water is powerful in a bad situation...fresh or salt.

I remember your close call.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I had some really close calls in the Gulf of Mexico, Lake Ponchartrain, and even inland salt water bays on the Louisiana coast when squalls blew in, rough seas offshore, or mechanical issues. Even on large vessels, any water is powerful in a bad situation...fresh or salt.

I remember your close call.

It can be a scary thing. can`t it, Chief? Looking back on it and it still sends a kinda sorta chill down my back. Do things like that bother you too?

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Absolutely Nic, I’ve got a few where I thought, “this may be it”.

I remember them vividly, as if it were yesterday.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Heck, I almost remember your incident vividly. I could see it as if I were there when you told about it.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I have the utmost respect for being on a boat during any bad weather

Like MizTuTu said, any of those incidents usually "don't play".

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I reckon when I really think about it, I've been very fortunate in that sense. I've never been so lucky in any other sense to escape some of the scenarios I've been in offshore or in the Port of New Orleans working tugs on the river. :crazy:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I reckon when I really think about it, I've been very fortunate in that sense. I've never been so lucky in any other sense to escape some of the scenarios I've been in offshore or in the Port of New Orleans working tugs on the river. :crazy:

You men that made your living from the Sea have my utmost respect. Hard work that will make you old way too early.

But rewarding in a great sense.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That sounds a lot like you guys doing line work :cool:

Yea, but at least we were almost always on solid footing. Those folks are totally at the mercy of Nature and her mood swings.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Aggravated me seeing people flying a different flag then USA and saying they went to school in the USA. :mad:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
You men that made your living from the Sea have my utmost respect. Hard work that will make you old way too early.

But rewarding in a great sense.

Yessir, I was gettin salty by the time I was in my late 20's. One of the adventures in my early life that I actually enjoyed and thought I was going to be there til old age.

That sounds a lot like you guys doing line work :cool:

You got that right. I always had an understanding with lectricity.....If I don't mess with it, it don't mess with me. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Well, Gentlemen, I`ll tell you true. A heap of times up there, and more than once on the ground, I have had some scares that I will never forget. Not a good feeling at all to wake up out of a dead sleep in a cold sweat.

Don`t happen much anymore, but still enough to make me gunshy.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Not a big fan of something that will kill you and you never see it

I don't know, I'm kind of partial to NOT knowing I'm bout to die....long as it's QUICK. :rofl:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Well, Gentlemen, I`ll tell you true. A heap of times up there, and more than once on the ground, I have had some scares that I will never forget. Not a good feeling at all to wake up out of a dead sleep in a cold sweat.

Don`t happen much anymore, but still enough to make me gunshy.

I can sympathize with that, at least we didn't know in many instances what could, or what was about to happen.

Y'all had to work knowin that there was always the possibility at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.