Why do we have "other faiths"?

Artfuldodger

Not the forum but why do other religions and beliefs in other God's exist? Do these people not know any better? Is it our fault because we haven't reached them yet? What if we reach them and they still don't choose Christianity.
Does it have anything to do with where they were born(isolation) and what their parents believe? Why do we believe what our parents believe?
This would be real interesting from predestination believers.
I guess they would say, they aren't part of the Elect. Which makes me wonder about how God views nations and generations of families.

I would like to hear from other faiths or from no faiths.

Last edited:

gordon 2

It would be a terrible feeling to have been to Timbucktoo or India or Japan or Atlanta and that the Holy Spirit was there active and ahead of us... and we did not even see it--because of the way we were schooled in our own faith.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
On the day God freed Israel from Egyptian slavery, the world was already full of people who were building their own god's to worship. Sacrificing their children to them.

GTHunter007

What makes you think your idea and belief is THE ONLY right one? All you know is it makes you feel better about yourself and what you THINK your future holds. No different than any other religion on the planet. If the Bible ended with drinking the Kool-Aid...what cup would you use?

Artfuldodger

All people originated from the same religion, how or why did they lose their earlier roots? After the flood, only a few people were left. I guess they would have been Semitic. So as people moved onward and outward they lost faith in God and created new ones. People today still do this. Maybe this is the roots of those of the elect and proof the Holy Spirit might be in those lands!

The term Amorites is used in the Bible to refer to certain highland mountaineers who inhabited the land of Canaan, described in Genesis 10:16 as descendants of Canaan, son of Ham. They are described as a powerful people of great stature "like the height of the cedars," (Amos 2:9) who had occupied the land east and west of the Jordan; their king, Og, being described as the last "of the remnant of the Rephaim" (Deut. 3:11). The terms Amorite and Canaanite seem to be used more or less interchangeably, Canaan being more general and Amorite a specific component among the Canaanites who inhabited the land. The Amorites worshiped different gods.
I just read that their were 76 middle eastern dieties in the early years other than the ones that worship the God of Abraham.

hummdaddy

All people originated from the same religion, how or why did they lose their earlier roots? After the flood, only a few people were left. I guess they would have been Semitic. So as people moved onward and outward they lost faith in God and created new ones. People today still do this. Maybe this is the roots of those of the elect and proof the Holy Spirit might be in those lands!

The term Amorites is used in the Bible to refer to certain highland mountaineers who inhabited the land of Canaan, described in Genesis 10:16 as descendants of Canaan, son of Ham. They are described as a powerful people of great stature "like the height of the cedars," (Amos 2:9) who had occupied the land east and west of the Jordan; their king, Og, being described as the last "of the remnant of the Rephaim" (Deut. 3:11). The terms Amorite and Canaanite seem to be used more or less interchangeably, Canaan being more general and Amorite a specific component among the Canaanites who inhabited the land. The Amorites worshiped different gods.
I just read that their were 76 middle eastern dieties in the early years other than the ones that worship the God of Abraham.

all people originated from no religion....it was taught to them...someone came up with it:huh:

mtnwoman

That's exactly why I believe man does have the need/urge to seek God. Whereas the 'no free will' group, believes we don't have it in us to seek a god. Obviously we do or there would be no idols, etc.

drippin' rock

People live and die without ever having known of the Christian God. According to Christians, it doesn't matter how moral or good they were, they are Hades bound. Contrary to what you believe, there are faiths on this planet outside the Christian realm where people live their lives by their own code never once feeling guilty they didn't know Jesus.

There are world views that don't start with Adam and Eve, and don't include the world being covered in water.

People did not originate from the same religion.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

The answers to the questions you ask are out there but the blinders of "your" faith keep you from seeing them

Comments like:
On the day God freed Israel from Egyptian slavery, the world was already full of people who were building their own god's to worship. Sacrificing their children to them.
All people originated from the same religion, how or why did they lose their earlier roots? After the flood, only a few people were left.

Are ONLY found in the Bible. No where else does history concur that the Isrealites were freed from Egypt as told in the Bible(let alone by a God) or that there was a worldwide flood that killed everyone and everything except a few. It just did not happen. (And I find it funny how the OT is used as "fact" when needed, but just as quickly dismissed by the same people who say the laws in it are superseded by the NT when the flaws are pointed out).

As soon as you take a step back and look at religion from an outside perspective you will be able to see that all are equally man-made. Any deity powerful enough to be capable of half of the things credited to it would do a better job of making sure it's handbook was clear, concise, and 100% error free with facts to back it up.

We have other faiths because no single religion can or ever will be able to be penned by man and accepted by mankind. If there was ONE God and ONE religion every single being on the planet would "know" it. Instead, everyone makes up their own version of what makes them happy and follows it. There are over 10,000 different denomination within Christianity. All with slightly different beliefs and each one claiming they are right and the others don't get it.

Artfuldodger

As soon as you take a step back and look at religion from an outside perspective you will be able to see that all are equally man-made. Any deity powerful enough to be capable of half of the things credited to it would do a better job of making sure it's handbook was clear, concise, and 100% error free with facts to back it up.

Christianity is a faith based religion.

mtnwoman

I agree with a lot of what is said here. I guess you get what you believe in. I don't want to be a muslim because I don't want '99' virgins as my reward. I don't know what the women get, stoned probably or beheaded.

I don't want to be hindu or buddhist because I don't want to come back as aunt ann the rat or cow that can't be killed because it's a past relative and it's holy....holy cow!

I personally just like what Christianity has to offer....see Jesus, see all your family that went before you, being joyful and happy. That's just what I chose....I like that religion the best.

If I'm wrong I guess I won't get the 99 virgins and come back as a cow, standing in the shadow of a starving baby, that I wish I could feed.....eat the cow, eat the cow.

:huh:

ted_BSR

A couple of thoughts. Humans have always displayed the need for a higher power. Every society, isoloated or not, has some system of beliefs about creation and the afterlife.

Secondly, what sets Christianity apart? It is rather simple. No other religion has had an earthly representative that claimed to be God. They crucified him for it.

ted_BSR

The answers to the questions you ask are out there but the blinders of "your" faith keep you from seeing them

Comments like:

Are ONLY found in the Bible. No where else does history concur that the Isrealites were freed from Egypt as told in the Bible(let alone by a God) or that there was a worldwide flood that killed everyone and everything except a few. It just did not happen. (And I find it funny how the OT is used as "fact" when needed, but just as quickly dismissed by the same people who say the laws in it are superseded by the NT when the flaws are pointed out).

We have other faiths because no single religion can or ever will be able to be penned by man and accepted by mankind. If there was ONE God and ONE religion every single being on the planet would "know" it. Instead, everyone makes up their own version of what makes them happy and follows it. There are over 10,000 different denomination within Christianity. All with slightly different beliefs and each one claiming they are right and the others don't get it.

BH, you are approaching this from the point of view that YOU think should be true. It isn't how YOU think it should be, so it must be false.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
BH, you are approaching this from the point of view that YOU think should be true. It isn't how YOU think it should be, so it must be false.

I am in good company with all the religious.