Ribeyes & Wings this Weekend

olewarthog

Fired up the Assassin 36" Grill for some ribeye steaks on Friday evening. Used Moore's Marinade & Montreal Steak Seasoning.

G13Ah5b.jpg

tMph8yW.jpg

pfu0XuD.jpg

For Saturday lunch, I wanted wings. Marinaded in italian dressing, then applied a new rub I got, Victory Lane Garlic Jalepeno Season All. Finished them up with my own BBQ sauce kicked up with a few dashes of Texas Pete. Enjoy

7YrDuTL.jpg

U68ESdv.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Yeah!!!!!!! Mighty Fine!!!! :clap:

olewarthog

Never heard of that grill... Food looks excellent

Assassin Smokers (www.assassin-smokers.com) makes a great line of gravity feed smokers & grills. Both are outstanding cookers.

The grills come in 36",48" & 72" models. They come standard with slide out ash pan, charcoal grate & water pan. They offer an optional V-pan, that is slotted on one side to use the grill as a smoker without a waterpan. Made from heavy duty steel with a fully insulated door. Holds temp easy & burn very little charcoal. They are made in Macon, GA.

Dub

Assassin Smokers (www.assassin-smokers.com) makes a great line of gravity feed smokers & grills. Both are outstanding cookers.

The grills come in 36",48" & 72" models. They come standard with slide out ash pan, charcoal grate & water pan. They offer an optional V-pan, that is slotted on one side to use the grill as a smoker without a waterpan. Made from heavy duty steel with a fully insulated door. Holds temp easy & burn very little charcoal. They are made in Macon, GA.

Very nice. I'd imagine that 72" model would cook a whole hog without too much trouble.

Do you also have a gravity fed model ?

I'm guessing that's yours in the avatar pic.

How has it worked for you ?

olewarthog

Yes, I have the 17 gravity feed model. It's the smallest one they make. Great smoker.

It has 3 racks. Each rack will hold a full size pan. I can get four 8 lb (aprox) butts per rack. I have run the smoker at 250 for over 9 hours on 2/3 bag of charcoal & still have some left when I shut it down. With the Pitmaster IQ 120 (included), it is really a set it & forget it cooker.

I did a review with pic of the smoker several months ago, but photobucket has probably blocked the images by now. I will get those pics uploaded again & post them.

Here are the pics.

aiaLIsT.jpg

oXBPQd6.jpg

3CGFTR1.jpg

Last edited:

Dub

12 butt payload is mighty impressive for certain.

I'd love to be able to do some overnight cooks with large volumes of butt cooks for my folks at work, church and the local Golden Harvest meals.

How even do the temps run on grate to grate ?

olewarthog

12 butt payload is mighty impressive for certain.

I'd love to be able to do some overnight cooks with large volumes of butt cooks for my folks at work, church and the local Golden Harvest meals.

How even do the temps run on grate to grate ?

I haven't run tests, but the bottom grate is hotter than the other two. No big difference between the top & middle grate.