Nashville 2018

JHannah92

Anyone else going? I'll be there for the 2nd year in a row helping out at my buddy's booth. Had a good time last year, looking forward to this year's show.

nick_o_demus

I've got my room booked. This is my first year going. Any tips or "do's and don'ts"

Go down as early as you can on Saturday morning. Wear comfortable footwear. Be prepared to carry items for a while (a backpack may be handy). Download the NWTF show app and check the map for the booths you want to visit the most and hit them first. Definitely check out the custom calls by everyone including the ones you have never heard of, trust me, you will find some gems. If you're staying at the Gaylord and taking your wife, be sure to take her for a ride on the gondola through the Atrium, trust me again, she'll appreciate it after making her listen to turkey calls and duck calls all day. If kids are going take them tot he family/kids area for entertainment. My wife and I are big kids, so we enjoy it. We have thrown tomahawks and held owls and falcons.

After the festivities take the bus over to the Opry and enjoy the show. Tip about the Opry... They HAVE installed metal detectors so leave your knives and CCW in the hotel. I had to bury pocket knives in a planter few years ago so we could get in.

On Sunday morning go back down and look again at the items you were unsure about. Sometimes you can find deals when the exhibitors don't want to go home with a lot of product.

fountain

I'll be sending you videos of the competition, so you can see what you will be up against. I'll go ahead and let em know you will be coming in 2019...

hrstille

I'll be sending you videos of the competition, so you can see what you will be up against. I'll go ahead and let em know you will be coming in 2019...

That will scare off all the competition. I'll just surprise them next year.

fountain

Something got to thinking about..food. Expect to pay a good bit for food, especially in the convention hall. Look for $10 chicken fingers and drinks are expensive as well. We have taken our own food before in my backpack. Food will get expensive there.

A backpack. I take a backpack to tote around stuff i buy, the handouts/flyers and also carry a few bottles of water. A backpack will make it much easier to pack items in rather than carry multiple bags.

JHannah92

It's Nashville week! I'm heading north dark and early Friday morning.

Fountain, good point about the food. If you really want to spend some money, eat dinner at one of the hotel restaurants. $$$$

fountain

You dang right. For that matter, eat anything around there in general! It's all high.
There are a few places that we have made it a ritual to go to. Jack Daniels there in the Gaylord has some great bbq, at night I will go to the fuse sports bar, claim jumpers in the mall is another good one. Another we liked is caney fork. They have great catfish