River Road Ramp on the Coosa

Big Crappie

Looks rough as usual! Hadn't used in in a few years with low water levels!!!
Anybody that uses it with a medium size boat got any advice???
Thanks!

warronl

There's a lot of current there, it's pretty much the most deserted ramp on the Ga side of the Coosa, and none of that equals up to good things IMO. If you do any night fishing, it's easy to pass if you're coming from downstream. All that being said, I don't know that section as well as some here , and I've seen a few characters there that caused the hair on my arms to stand up, YMMV ( Your Mileage May Vary):D

Big Crappie

There's a lot of current there, it's pretty much the most deserted ramp on the Ga side of the Coosa, and none of that equals up to good things IMO. If you do any night fishing, it's easy to pass if you're coming from downstream. All that being said, I don't know that section as well as some here , and I've seen a few characters there that caused the hair on my arms to stand up, YMMV ( Your Mileage May Vary):D

Thank you sir! Those characters are definitely not up to any good deeds...

crankie

And did they ever build the new dock at the Lock and Dam ramp? The last time I was there, there was totally no dock.

JohnK

I'd think twice about leaving my truck and trailer unattended.