GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Leases and Land Management and Gardening > Land For Lease - All other states outside of Georgia

Old 04-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Default Grayson County Kentucky

Looking for 2-3 Christian Bow Hunters to join our lease. We have approximately 500 acres in Grayson County, Kentucky that consist of ~50 acres crop, ~100 acres CRP, and ~350 acres of hardwood ridges. The property has had minimal pressure over the last 3 years which we would like to keep that way. Price will depend on number of members and is limited to 20 total days per bow season. This is for bow hunting rights only and you will be the only bow hunters on the farm. Price is $1800 per hunter for 2 or $1200 per hunter for 3 members. Just to be clear and up front, this lease will also have 2 gun hunters that will have the rights to hunt the farm during the youth gun seasons, the muzzleloading seasons, and during the rifle season. During those dates, no one else will be able to hunt the farm unless the gun hunting members will not be there. Harvest restrictions will apply to this farm as we are targeting 4.5 year old or better animals. Please private message me if you are interested.

Last edited by adkirk; 04-05-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Just to be sure, are you saying the lease is for 20 days per year for the bow hunters and if so, who decides the days?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:18 AM

Yes and you pick the dates with the exception of the youth gun season, muzzleloading seasons, and regular gun season but if we couldn't make it during any of those dates, you would also be welcome to bow hunt then. More than likely, we will hunt the youth gun season and the first week of the rifle season. We may hunt one of the muzzleloading seasons but I doubt we will have the time. We are limiting it to 20 days because we want to keep the pressure to a minimum and some folks have a lot more time to hunt than others.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:47 PM

Added a pic of the property.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2017, 03:27 PM

what caliber of bucks have been harvested and caught on cameras over the last couple of years. thanks
Old 04-11-2017, 04:59 PM

This is our first year having the property so I don't have any pics. The Gentlemen that we leased it from stated that he has bow hunted it very little over the last three years he has had it due to the fact that he has several other farms in the area and throughout Kentucky. He leased it to us because he doesn't want to loose the farm because he still turkey hunts there. It had never been leased prior to him leasing it. He told us of some pics he had but I never asked for them. All I can tell you is that there was good sign there and that Grayson County is one of the top 10-15 counties in KY for producing Boone and Crocketts. I also feel the member price is well under what farms are leasing for west of I65.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:32 PM

I don't know this county well but I know this - that area of KY has some bucks that will make your eyes pop out of your head.

Close to Ga, has some ag and plenty of CRP ground.

If I wanted to up my game and was only hunting in GA, I would get two other guys and jump on this quickly.

I have not walked the farm, obviously - but I would be stunned if the TC pics this fall don't get your head spinning.

20 day limit, IMHO, big deal. Very few people hunt 20 days out of state. I try to hunt just under two weeks in Illinois each fall and I will tell you - that is a long time.

Good luck to the folks leasing and the folks that join....

Let the fun begin!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:29 AM
Default hunting in ky,

sure would like some info on this land, please call wayne perry , ringgold ga, i am interested , i need to talk to someone thanks . 423-593-1766
Old 05-08-2017, 08:10 AM

Mr. Perry, I tried calling this number last Friday and ever who answered said I had the wrong number. Please verify your number is correct. Thank u sir.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:49 AM
Default this is my phone # 423-593-1766 , please try to call me again. thank you

for i would really like to talk to you.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:52 PM

Called this past Friday and left a message.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Default We still have openings.

Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that we are still looking for the right members. Please private message me if you are interested.