Looking for some Osage trees

ShawnD

osage trees

go to the redlands wma, road 9 behind "The Homeplace" next to the well. That's the only place I've found them. Good luck

Anyone have any Osage trees that they would like to get rid of?

Wanting to cut some for bow wood...

Will travel...:)

60Grit

go to the redlands wma, road 9 behind "The Homeplace" next to the well. That's the only place I've found them. Good luck

:hair::hair::hair:

Don't get caught....!!!

The last Osage Orange trees I saw were up around Monticello. Not sure I could find them again, it was years ago.

Someone mentioned using Mulberry. Maclura pomifera is in the Mulberry family, but not sure that the Mulberry is as stubborn and tenacious of a wood as the Osage is.

Here's mine.

View attachment 118197

Last edited:

t wayne

Got plenty of them up here in TN. Come on up.

Or I'll look into shipping some down to you if you'll let me know what you need

69camaro

I have an 100 year old + Osage Orange tree on my Farm. People who planted it were from Texas and owned this property back in 1800's. If you have never tried sawing or cutting into an "Iron Wood" tree, well it makes cutting Oak wood cut like butter.
Any way here is a picture of the tree. The greenish "brain like" fruit is as big as a grapefruit or softball. Indians used them for dye and the wood for making excellent bows.
This is the only tree of this type that I have seen in N. Ga.

:shoot: W.T.

I found a couple on Lake Russel WMA. Only ones I've ever seen in the area. Its neat you have one and know the history how it got there.