Winchester Supreme Ballistic Silvertip 30-30

buckeroo

Are you kidding me? They never made black talons for rifles. I guess you are talking about a pistol cartridge.

Uh- excuse me, I am pretty sure I know what I shot and in the early-mid 90's I shot .308 BLACK TALONS!!!!! I swear, some of you guys on here think you know everything!

winchesterblacktalonrifeammoace.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

coolbreezeroho

Keep in mind that the 30 30 tips are rounded like how should I say ...A soft point ....They do not have a point on them ..... I know in the 30-06, 300 wsm, . and the 270 they are pointed.

beginnersluck

I have a .270 WSM and shoot 130 grain BT's. I know they're different from 30-30's, but I've had good success. Over the years I've only had 1 deer to not fall in its tracks. I hit him in his shoulder and it fragmented the bullet. No exit wound, so no blood. I had to track him by looking at the kicked up leaves. He only went about 60 yards, though, so it did it's job. I normally shoot a high shoulder shot, just low enough to take out the lungs, but still high enough to shock/break it's spine. The exit holes are always huge. They are good bullets in my opinion.

Rich Kaminski

I used them for years

I have been using the Winchester Silver Ballistic tips for a number of years now. Never had to track a deer (Dead Right There every time). Always had pass throughs. Must have taken at least 2 dozen deer with those bullets. I shoot the 180 gr in the 300 win mag and 180 gr in the 30-06.