Zeiss binocular warranty?

Stonewall 2

I sent a pair of discontinued Zeiss 10x42 Diafun binoculars in for warranty repair last Oct. This week I received a new pair of Zeiss Terra ed 8x32 binoculars. At first I thought this is awesome a new pair of binoculars but it keeps bugging me that they didn’t replace mine with what I had. The binoculars they sent me are $350 at Cabelas the new 10x42 Terra’s are $450. I paid around $480 for the Diafun binoculars about 18 years ago. So should I just be happy I got new binoculars or call and thank them but request that the replacement binoculars be the same power that I sent in for repair.

I believe that you should get the same size as replacement, if that's what you prefer/want. Could it be that they were trying to match up overall size and not just ocular size? Just a thought.

Stonewall 2

I believe that you should get the same size as replacement, if that's what you prefer/want. Could it be that they were trying to match up overall size and not just ocular size? Just a thought.

No, the new Terra’s are actually smaller than the Diafun’s.

DannyW

Sounds like they are making an effort, replacing a failed 18 year old used binocular with a new binocular of similar features and quality is a pretty good example of customer service. But I agree that they should be the same power...10x40.

I think your suggested approach of calling them and requesting the same power is reasonable. Maybe someone just made a mistake on their end?

I bet it gets worked out...although boxing and shipping the 8x32 binocular will be a bit of a pain.

Last edited:

Stonewall 2

Sounds like they are making an effort, replacing a failed used binocular with a new binocular of similar features and quality is a pretty good example of customer service. But I agree that they should be the same power...10x40.

I think your suggested approach of calling them and requesting the same power is reasonable. Maybe someone just made a mistake on their end?

I bet it gets worked out...although boxing and shipping the 8x32 binocular will be a bit of a pain.

Your post triggered my memory that the new binoculars are 8x32 and 10x42 and my Diafun model were 10x30. Think I will stick with what they sent me and yes it great customer service dealing with Zeiss just wish they would have done it a little quicker so I didn’t go all deer season without any Binoculars.

huntfish

Think I will stick with what they sent me and yes it great customer service dealing with Zeiss just wish they would have done it a little quicker so I didn’t go all deer season without any Binoculars.

Good lesson about returning for warranty work. Now is the time to have warranty work on any optics.

Longhorn 16

I sent a pair of binoculars to Zeiss to have a seal replaced. They crushed the lenses (company policy) so they could not be repaired. No call or notice to see if this was ok with me. They sent a replacement pair that are not even close to what I had. Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

I treasured those binoculars and Zeiss replaced them with a paper weight.

Stonewall 2

I sent a pair of binoculars to Zeiss to have a seal replaced. They crushed the lenses (company policy) so they could not be repaired. No call or notice to see if this was ok with me. They sent a replacement pair that are not even close to what I had. Worst customer service experience I have ever had.

I treasured those binoculars and Zeiss replaced them with a paper weight.

Hate to hear that Longhorn what model did you send in and what model did they replace with?

Latest posts