Legal Hog Firearms out of season

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thank you for the responses. Guess that settles it, no hog hunting unless it coincides with other game hunting season on public land.

Don’t give up Ray.....find some Private land and go kill some! We have asked for more time to get after them and the yotes on pub land and they responded with an additional hunt for yotes(and hogs, incidentally). This year is different from the last two years and I have to read up on it again. What I do know(think) is that it is after instead of before turkey season
. It also is general and applies unless otherwise stated in the individual WMA reg. Not sure about firearm on the new one but last time it was small game weapons.

Besides all that, RIGHT NOW you can go gettem on WMAs. Plus it’s nice and cool out........I do like hunting them during turkey season though :cheers:

bany

So another good question might be; What ammo is legal/illegal while hunting with a legal firearm?
Thanks for being on the spot Killmaster

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So another good question might be; What ammo is legal/illegal while hunting with a legal firearm?
Thanks for being on the spot Killmaster

I think expanding for center fire

Okie Hog

In OK the WMA hunting rules are the same. Outside of deer season one is limited to the use of shotgun and small shot or a rim fire rifle. Landowners can hunt hogs at any time.

For many years i've hog hunted a huge piece of federal property using a .22 magnum rifle and total metal jacket bullets. Try to put the bullet in the ear.

coolbreezeroho

DNR already posted in the thread. C.Killmaster is DNR.

Also, the regs posted above are pretty clear that public land hog season coincides with whatever else is in season. If nothing else is in season, then you can't kill hogs on public land.

Didn't know that ....Thanks..:cool:

goshenmountainman

So in Turkey season archery or BP would be your best bet, as I wouldn't want to shoot a hog with #2 or smaller shot out of a shotgun and centerfire rifles aren't legal turkey weapons.

Now between mid-may when Turkey ends and mid august when small game starts again, I have no idea what you would use.
A load of number 6 long beards to the ear hole kills them just fine from 30yds and closer.