bass pro price match?

hipster dufus

i have some gift cards i want to use and am not happy with the prices at bass pro. they told me they would match online and im wondering if they will if i walk in. with the appropriate price sheet? looking for an onboard charger ans even walmart is cheaper, amazon is quite a bit cheaper

Robert28

Here's what I've learned when it comes to price matching. It depends. What I mean is I've had stores refuse to match prices that were in another state, in another zip code area, online sales. Some will match it after talking to their manager, depending on how they feel on that day I guess. All you can do is ask. I've had car dealers not price match from another state and I've had Walmart beat any online price for an item I could find.

Anvil Head

Just go ask them at the store. You don't have to buy anything to find out. The way BPS is getting you may never be happy with their prices even their "sales" items.
They can be "flexible" if you look like a repeat customer or they have a decent manager who has any lick of sense.

GeorgiaBob

Take the add in with you. What I have learned is that often the lower priced item in the add is a "different model" and the store "doesn't carry that model." But I have also found that by the time a department manager, or store manager, gets involved, they often will sell you their "more expensive" model for the other guy's advertised price.

killerv

BPS caters to the impulse buyer and the guy with real deep pockets. Their prices are just insane. Their outlet prices are even insane. I've held on to BPS gift cards forever before I used them, even with the gift card, I just couldn't pay that much for an item that I could get easily somewhere else much cheaper. Curious how the price matching works with them, never thought to try it. Probably be one letter off in the model/product number and they won't do it.

Just for example...I was wanting an rcbs electronic scale, the 750 at the time, just to help double check the balance scale and weigh brass. They wanted 125 in the outlet section for them, so even on sale it was 25 bucks more than you could get at midway, etc. Crazy. The same dozen scales have been sitting in the outlet section for well over a year now...still 125.

Terminal Idiot

I bought my son a kukri at Bass Pro for Christmas and they price matched. I forget what what web site I was using for comparison, but I was told that I had to have it pulled up on my phone with the item "in cart" in order for there to be a price match (meaning the web site actually had it in stock). I put the item in cart at the competitor and showed the cashier - he then discounted the kukri I was buying.