Carpenter 🐝 are in season!

Am I the only one who thinks it's better than dove hunting? The carpenter bees have returned from there wintering grounds in South America and it's on like donkey Kong at my place. Got a salt gun. Yep. Shoots salt with compressed air. I have laid my tennis racket down.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like to use my Ruger MKIII .22/45. :)

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I like to hit em with a lunge whip! That takes skill......but sometimes i'm lucky and get one

jesnic

Am I the only one who thinks it's better than dove hunting? The carpenter bees have returned from there wintering grounds in South America and it's on like donkey Kong at my place. Got a salt gun. Yep. Shoots salt with compressed air. I have laid my tennis racket down.

Does that salt gun actually work on carpenter bees? I just ordered the lawn and garden version.

Amazon's Prime is your friend. I vote we start a sub forum and get judgmental about people who hit them with Wiffle ball bats! They can have their own primitive weapons group for swung weapons.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
You are the Indiana Jones of bees! I have a horses whip but no skill. Wife takes it away ever time I pick it up.

A couple years ago I was in front of the garage with the lunge whip. I whipped at carpenter bees for an hour and diddn't get one.
My wife came out there for just a minute and watched, the next bee I whipped at the whip tip cut the bee in half. Then a wasp flew by and I whipped it and the wasp exploded.
I had missed for an hour but hit 2 in a row in front of the wife so she thought I was cool. Yes it was luck but It was awesome!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I double up on them, I use the salt gun during gun season and the electrified tennis racket during exotic weapons season.

Just go heart lung, most of the time drt! All jokes aside, it is great fun, but you do have to get into tennis racket range. I usually wear yellow and put a little honey on my Crocks to help close the gap.

Last edited:

Anvil Head

Benji pump pellet rifle and just air blast them, don't need no sinkin' salt. Yeah, hunt is on!