Which turkey choke for a Win. Sx2?

PC Chevyman

I just got a winchester sx2 and I'm looking at turkey chokes for it. I've looked at the Gobblin' Thunder and Jelly head and others. I plan on shooting the nitro 3.5" copper plated lead loads. Anyone have any experience with what combination of choke and load works best?

Thanks

J Gilbert

I havent tried those loads but I would look at Indian Creek choke tubes, that's what I shoot in my SX3 with good results. You can email them and ask what constriction would work best for the load you plan to shoot, they should be able to point you in the right direction

dwills

Nitro has recommendations on their website of which chokes produce the best patterns for different guns. I shoot a jelly head out of my benelli m2 with nitros and it patterns great.

PC Chevyman

yeah I seen they recommend the rhino chokes but I really wasn't wanting to spend $100. I probably will go with either the jelly head or the gobblin' thunder. Thanks for the input guys

DonArkie

Last edited:

straightshooter

I shoot a Gobbler Guns Final Strut .660 in my Super-X2 and the patterns are spectacular using Winchester Extended Range #5.

FYI - Rob Roberts Custom Gunworks and Gobbler Guns was selected by Benelli to build the Benelli Custom Shop turkey guns for their customers.