Teardrop Camper build

T-N-T

Yeah, I did notice the gator in the "harbor" Ill call it, was more tolerant of close observation... I would like to see what you speak of.

Yeah, I did notice the gator in the "harbor" Ill call it, was more tolerant of close observation... I would like to see what you speak of.

I took my daughter there when she was 5. She accidentally slid off of her bike, nearly slid down into the water, right in front of a big gator, and ol' Dad nearly left a skidmark in his shorts, flying to grab her and stop her from going into the water. I knew a gator ain't gonna mess with something as big or bigger than it (really - they won't). We later went back and watched the "feeding scene", right at dusk. Very cool, and I was very impressed and amazed that the seeming intelligence of a very "dumb" critter. Pretty smart of it, I thought. Very methodical and delicate. And pretty amazing to watch. And some people kill every snake they see. I like to marvel in nature. Pretty good stuff to watch.

Dub

Extremely cool build.

You are gifted. That is going to be great on those hunting trips!

T-N-T

I bought a small window A/C from Walmart two days ago. Will be installing it soon. I will post pics...

T-N-T

_20140705_114029.jpg

_20140705_114141.jpg

_20140705_114124.jpg

Here are some shots of the hole cut out... Notice the "big" camper in the background.
Then a front and rear of the unit installed.
I drilled some holes in the bottom to direct condensation out. Then drilled large holes in the wood. Letting it run now to see how it does.

T-N-T

So today I cut two holes in the floor behind the AC. I siliconed two small fans down to blow hot air from the "Exhaust" of the AC out the floor. Tomorrow I will build a "shroud" around the AC to the fans and floor. I have a stainless louvered vent in the mail to go in the side wall of the camper to let fresh air in. This should keep the AC from over heating and keep it blowing cold even with the hatch closed up tight...
Should.

T-N-T

_20140708_191558.jpg[/attach]
Her is a view of the exhaust fans and the shroud around them. I installed the knobs that turn on the fans on the lid.
Getting closer...

T-N-T

_20140711_185129.jpg
Built a box to keep the mattress off of the intake on the AC

_20140711_185021.jpg
Inside view of the vent installed in side wall to let fresh air into the unit so it can circulate through the condenser. Also installed some receptacles.

_20140711_185057.jpg
Outside view of vent to let in air. It is actually a vent made for boats to let air into the motor compartment. Stainless.

_20140711_185146.jpg
And finally got some storage over head on the nose of the tear. And a cell phone charging receptacle.

T-N-T

I am trying to figure out a solid plan to go to the mountains (the whole reason for building) in the next few weeks. Hope I can get the details nailed down soon!

T-N-T

The camper is now in the marketplace... Sad times. But I must move on. Who knows maybe to a new build?

13ptbuck

What did you use to cover the seam between the roof and side walls to keep water from getting in between the aluminum sideing and the plywood? Great build. I am thinking of building off a old pop-up my brother in law is giving me. You have given me lots of cool ideas. Sorry to see you sale it.

T-N-T

It is a trim that is rather costly for what it is..... Aluminum I bout off the ol net. Has pre drilled screw holes in the top and just a small lip on the side. Bends fairly easily. Google teardrop parts, or trim or something like that. You will find a couple of guys selling.

I dont really want to sell it, but if I do, I will likely build another one in the future. I love the thing. To those who tent camp, or dont mind not having "all" the luxuries of home, I recommend a teardrop!

Randy

What's on the bottom to protect all this wood from wet roads?

T-N-T

What's on the bottom to protect all this wood from wet roads?

I dont know the "brand" anymore..... But, I rolled on a creeper under the whole camper and brushed (heavily) some external grade polyurethane.

T-N-T

SOLD SOLD SOLD.

Im sad. Sellers remorse is setting in. :cry:

I will make it through though. The girl who bought it really was grinning from ear to ear when she paid, so I feel good about it in a way.