tubeless peep sight

ppdaazn

hey everyone, i just put a new peep sight on its 3/16". at full draw when i look through it, it doesnt open up into a full circle view. it still angled down a little bit. i have 2nd hand bow i think its a pse phaser. is that normal or is the draw length not long enough for it to open up fully?

bamaboy

Take it back out and shoot the bow without a peep sight at all for about 25-50 times and then tie the peep back in. That way the string has settled in and the peep will be "on spot" when you draw the bow. I shoot my new strings or my new bow about 50-75 times before I put my peep in or my kisser button. Measure your bow axle to axle and make sure that is correct and also measure your draw length at full draw and make sure that is correct. If all this is good follow my advice about the peep. Good Luck!!

Revvv

Definitely check your axle to axle measurement. If your string is stretched you could be seeing string rotation. It may be something easily fixed with a twist or two to the string.

guesswho

Shorter axle to axle bows sometimes require a peep with a different angle to line up vertically. I think RAD has a 38 (for 38degrees) for shorter axle bows.

1crazybowhunter

peep sight

hey everyone, i just put a new peep sight on its 3/16". at full draw when i look through it, it doesnt open up into a full circle view. it still angled down a little bit. i have 2nd hand bow i think its a pse phaser. is that normal or is the draw length not long enough for it to open up fully?

Today's peeps come in different apeture angles depending on the axle to axle length of your bow. If you call Viper archery, Speciality Archery or Vaportrail archery they all have different peeps in either 3/16-1/4 inch that when installed will acomidate short axle to axle or long. It's not your bow or draw lenght you need to change, change to a different peep and the hole will open up to where you can see through it.

DSGB

I'd bet the axle to axle length on the Phaser is too long for that peep. There's not enough angle in the string at full draw.

I have a Phaser III I started bowhunting with and it is about 36" ata.

littlenorth

If you still have problems, take a single strand from the opposite side which the peep has turned and bring in over to the side that is turned. This will bring it back. You may need to: 1)put the bow in a bow press to relieve tension and 2) the peep may have to be reserved in depending how it was originally served or how tight it was served in. Changing to a good quality bow string will eliminate this problem. Top quality bow strings are expensive, but come pre stretched from the manufacture. I just recently put a verifier site in mine which uses a tubeless peep. The bow I put it in has shot hundreds of arrows so that string has no stretch. For those that do not know what a verifier is, it is a magnifier that screws into a special designed peep site. It was suggested to me recently by other members of this forum. I had trouble seeing my sight pins while wearing reading glasses. This peep was matched to the power of my reading glasses by a Pro Shop and it has worked excellent. Now I can shoot the bow without glasses. Many thanks to them. Good luck.