Indian Spring Artifacts I D Day

INDIAN SPRING ARTIFACTS I D DAY
SATURDAY OCT 11th 12:00 to 4:00
INDIAN SPRING HOTEL/MUSEUM
1842 HWY 42 S, INDIAN SPRING GA.

The public is invited to bring their artifacts to be identified and dated by members of the Ocmulgee Archaeological Society. Several experts from across Georgia will be on hand to identify and record Clovis, Dalton and other early projectile points. There will be several artifact collections on display, flint knapping demonstrations by Dave Swetmon.

Last edited:

dpoole

Where is Indian springs ??

About 5 miles south of Jackson, Ga. The 1823 museum is located just past the entrance to Indian Spring State Park. Anyone who hasn't been down it that area lately will be in for a pleasant surprise, lots of new shops, plus a brand new amphitheater.

brian lee

Heard that years ago a guy took his artifacts in to be looked at & when he left & arrived at home authorities came & took all of his artifacts.

Brian, something I learned a long time ago and a good rule of thumb, "Don't believe everything you hear". I have been involved with this event for the past eight years and local to the area. I think if that had really happen I would have heard about it. What authorities are you talking about and what would give them the right to take anyones artifacts?

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Heard that years ago a guy took his artifacts in to be looked at & when he left & arrived at home authorities came & took all of his artifacts.

Please give us a reference to where you heard this.
Thanks.

bowyer

The "authorities" have nothing to do with this event. It is staffed by local volunteers that dedicate their time to help educate the general public about the importance and historical value of their artifacts. To imply something nefarious about an event you know absolutely nothing about is totally irresponsible.

Last edited:
The "authorities" have nothing to do with this event. It is staffed by local volunteers that dedicate their time to help educate the general public about the importance and historical value of their artifacts. To imply something nefarious about an event you know absolutely nothing about is totally irresponsible.

What bowyer Said !

Lots of good folks donate their time to put on this (FREE) event, to help educate the public about their artifacts and their historical importance. We will also have Civil War experts on hand this year, to help identify and give information about Civil War items. It's really a FUN day, with live acoustic music on the back porch of the Hotel/Museum.

I am not sure why some here wish to defame this event and spread untrue and completely unfounded rumors, guess they don't have anything better to do, sad ! Please don't let them keep you away from a fun and educational day, hope to see you there. :flag: