Best place to sell a truck?

meatseeker

Auto trader?craigslist? Other than a dealer where would you look or sell? Need to get rid of one of my trucks and there’s not enough traffic where I live to put at road. Thanks

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I'd try CL or Ebay. I've sold a couple old car for 40k+ on Ebay.
I like CL for more affordable stuff.

I used to love the Auto Trader and Atlanta Advertiser back in the day before Al Gore invented the internets. I got them when they hit the newsstand just like Joe Dirt.

swamp hunter

Sold 2 Trucks on CL in the last couple Months.
Long as you have Street Smarts..your good..

^^^ FYI: don't let a stranger come to your house

only accept Ca$h,
never accept any type of check or money order (Bank, Cashier, Western Union, Post Office) all can be fraudulent; your bank will cash or deposit to your account then 5 -15 days later you get a notice from your bank that the check/money order is no good

the more they whine about cash, the more you need to get gon

specialk

if you're accepting cash invest in a counterfeit pen......and for what its worth I still use autotrader.....

mattuga

Banned
Find a facebook group dedicated to selling vehicles. I got 10x the traffic I rec'd from CL/Autotrader. You still get the can kickers but they are easy to ignore.

I like getting a visual of who I am to meet which is an added bonus.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
GON marketplace.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Depends on what price range vehcile

T-N-T

Facebook

Robert28

Facebook marketplace. You can at least see who you’re dealing with and get a feeling of them before you meet them.

tree cutter 08

I'm about fed up with craigslist. Been trying to sell a truck on there for a month or 2 and if I had a dollar for every one that inquired about it, I could buy a new one. Craigslist seems to be home of the dreamers and window shoppers.

I tried Autotrader and CarGurus for an older Expedition I was wanting to sell. I can say I got exactly zero serious offers/inquiries in over a month. Only serious prospect in that timeframe came from it sitting in my driveway with a sign.

Then the wife put it on Facebook marketplace. Over 50 contacted us in 48hrs and I sold it to the 1st person who messaged us.

jtm402

Facebook: Marketplace and local to you yard sale groups. Take it to carmax and let them make you an offer so you know what your bottom dollar worst case would be, they will buy even if you aren't going to trade. Try a friend's yard that has more traffic than you, and leave a sign with your number. And as others have said craigslist, but in my experience I got more scams and let me sell it for you calls than legit people, but then again it only takes one good call to sell.

transfixer

Facebook gets more traffic from what I hear, so if you have one? that might be the best bet. I refuse to use Facebook, so I use CL, if you put it on CL make a detailed post, with all the pertinent information, along with 5 or 6 pictures, Specify Cash,, and I always specify no emails, absolutely no texting, if they are serious they can call , you can't do business over text or email. that usually weeds out most of the CensoredCensored.