Last miute project, camera mount

longbowdave1

Since I'm in a rain/ice/snow delay on my hunt until tomorrow, I had time for one last project. I needed to mount my Polaroid Action camera to the shotgun for closeup video of any shots taken. I'll have a second camera with zoomability on the tripod too.

I wanted to mount the camera off the barrel or forearm, but didn't have the right parts, So I had to fabricate some, and use some that came with the camera. I decided to build a small aluminum plate 2" x 5" and mount it on the forearm between the arm and the swivel stud for the sling. Then, I screwed down the ball and socket mount from the helmet configuration, to the plate.Done.

It mounts tight, does not interfere with sighting down the barrel, and Zero cost.

I braved the snow, and took a little test video of a Jake decoy at about 15 yards. Real test tomorrow!

Attachments

• shotgun 1.jpg
    shotgun 1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 122
  • shotgun 2.jpg
    shotgun 2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 123
  • shotgun 3.jpg
    shotgun 3.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 122
  • shotgun 4.jpg
    shotgun 4.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 121

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Good luck on your hunt. Hope you get some good footage.

longbowdave1

Good luck on your hunt. Hope you get some good footage.

Thank you sir. I've hunted Spring Turkey in cold days, icy days, but never heavy snow cover. I'm not sure how the hunt will go??? I have been seeing big flocks of bird near my hose rummaging in the corn stubble fields, so that's where I will focus my hunt tomorrow. There will be no sneaking through for the birds with that fresh white back drop. Should make for some awesome pictures.

Got everything packed and ready in the Jeep. On top of the pile, a snow shovel. I may have to spend some time shoveling out a place to park if the snow is to deep. May lose a little morning hunt but that's OK. Once I get parked, it's game on.