Pinched nerves

1gr8bldr

I have bone on bone between disc in my neck that pinches nerves that cause pain to radiate through my shoulder and down my arm. It flares up on occasion. Anybody got good advice for getting it under control?

SLY22

Useles Member !
If therapy dosent work, its time for surgery!
You will be back to 100 percent in no time!

Mexican Squealer

Best advice I can give you is to get an appointment with Dr Lawhorn at Optim Orthopedics. Battled the same situation was cured the second I woke up from surgery. Therapy is a waste of time and money

sinclair1

What did the Dr who told you it's bone on bone suggest? I would make sure to really hydrate with water. I pinched nerves and pulled muscles all the time when I wasn't drinking enough water.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
My wife had the same symptoms about a yr or so ago... She had the surgery and has been 100% pain free in her neck and shoulders ever since.

1gr8bldr

What did the Dr who told you it's bone on bone suggest? I would make sure to really hydrate with water. I pinched nerves and pulled muscles all the time when I wasn't drinking enough water.
They wanted to start me on therapy. May be legit, but I always saw it as a means of me supporting them. So, after a year of hurting, I started my own. The only time I could stand it was in the shower under hot water, building my neck muscles, by resisting my neck movements with my hand, for about 1 minute. It went away soon after I started that. Then the next bout about a year later did the same thing and it eventually went away. Then the next bout, it was not working..... so I bought a donut type inflatable neck lifter that you pump up with a hand bulb. It worked quickly, but this time, nothing is working.

1gr8bldr

My wife had the same symptoms about a yr or so ago... She had the surgery and has been 100% pain free in her neck and shoulders ever since.

Best advice I can give you is to get an appointment with Dr Lawhorn at Optim Orthopedics. Battled the same situation was cured the second I woke up from surgery. Therapy is a waste of time and money

If therapy dosent work, its time for surgery!
You will be back to 100 percent in no time!
I have not discussed this with any Dr, actually have not seen a DR about this in years. But tired of hurting. How evasive is the surgery? Any risk? How much recovery time? Do they fix the degenerated disk or what? I no longer have my Xray, but it would seem that I would be worse off than I am

transfixer

A "Good" chiropractor , and I stress a Good one because they are hard to find, helped me with an almost identical problem, although I still have some cartilage left, but have bone spurs which were pinching the nerve , pain was down my left shoulder and arm, after trying a couple different ones, I finally found a guy who knew what he was doing, fixed it after three visits, that was 6 months ago, I'm still good.

Might be too late for that with yours though, being bone on bone,

j_seph

I have bone on bone between disc in my neck that pinches nerves that cause pain to radiate through my shoulder and down my arm. It flares up on occasion. Anybody got good advice for getting it under control?
Surgery, but then at some point there is liable to be another one. My wife had neck surgery, a few years later there was another. Once they fuse one it puts more wear and tear on the next. She is now dealing with the same thing you are and trying to avoid another surgery. She has been given a shot and after about 2 of them into the spine at pinched area she gets relief. Last time it lasted a year anda half. There are also some anti-inflammatory meds that can be prescribed to help also. She has a tens unit that at times has helped. I feel for you because I know the pain she goes through. At times it is all the way into her finger tips.

j_seph

I have not discussed this with any Dr, actually have not seen a DR about this in years. But tired of hurting. How evasive is the surgery? Any risk? How much recovery time? Do they fix the degenerated disk or what? I no longer have my Xray, but it would seem that I would be worse off than I am
We are a already discussing that if she has to have surgery we are going to look into the laser spinal center. It seems a lot less invasive than conventional surgery.

HuntingFool

Had the same issue for years. Had 3 vertebra fused over 5 years ago and have been great ever since. They cleaned out all the material between the disk, put spacers in, then a plate and 6 screws, two in each vertebra. C5,c6 and c7. I went in to surgery at 3:00pm, was in my room at 7:00pm feeling great and no pain meds. Went home the next morning at 10:00am. Could not drive for 2 weeks. After that I was back to work and back in the gym 2 months later. I wished I had done it sooner. Had problems for years with back/shoulder pain, pain down my arm, tingling in my fingers. My suggestion is find a good neurosurgeon and get an MRI.

Lilly001

Like many have said, get a good Doctors opinion first.
On mine I streach some, use lidocaine rub, and have narcotics if it gets realy bad.
Per my Docs opinion I'm putting the surgery off until absolutely needed because of what J_seph said.

1gr8bldr

I need some relief....so likely going to have to make a Dr's appointment. Not sure who???? Primary Dr first?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Had the same surgery as Hunting Fool first of this year. I had the symptoms for years and kept putting off surgery. I finally lost use of my arm but regained it after surgery. I still have neck pain and once every so often the numbness returns. My nerves were damaged from being compressed to long. Don’t wait and see a doctor quickly.
I did the same thing with my lower back and had fusion surgery there also. My nerve pain is constant and it restricts my daily activities daily. Each person is different but don’t wait for years like I did. Neurologist said I did permanent damage to my nerves and I’m lucky to be able to walk.
Jeff

1gr8bldr

LOL, I have an appointment. Their website said "same day appointments" so I called them considering I was not working today. Mercy.... May 15th. I hate to wait that long

j_seph

LOL, I have an appointment. Their website said "same day appointments" so I called them considering I was not working today. Mercy.... May 15th. I hate to wait that long
LOL My mom fell and got a compression fracture of her L1, 2 weeks ago tomorrow. It was going to be mid July before Nuero could see her. Tomorrow she is going to one in Gville. Don't recon any of them get in no hurry. My wife sees Dr Jackson in pain management at Braselton to get her injections. He seems to be a good doctor as well with great bed side manner. She told him at her last one that if she started singing gospel song during procedure to just ignore her. He said if you start doing that then he'd sing with her, if she needed to pray that he'd stop and pray with her. She hates needles especially long ones.

1gr8bldr

Went to a Chiropractor today, no help at all.

TCOmega

Went to a Chiropractor today, no help at all.

Have you tried nerve blocking meds? Gabapentin or Gralise? They have helped me some. Recently diagnosed with Lumbar Spinal Stenosa, basically arthritis in my lower back and 2 bulging discs. 1800 mlg of Gralise gave me some short term relief. My L5 discs is pinching my spinal cord though.

I have an epidural in 2 weeks. See what that does. If that is no help, surgery most likely. Good luck to you.