Florida good for this last weekend?

ventilator

heading down to Clermont tomorrow. Attempting to finish my archery slam again. Any input on how the birds are? they still sounding off? Or do you think it will be a tough last few days. First chance i have had to get down this year.

ventilator

Ok, well i guess nobody is hunting florida right now. I will post my results next week then. Good luck wherever yall are going.

IIICrkRepr

Its hit or miss, I've been out 3 weekends up in Palm Coast, didn't hear 1 gobble. Have some buddies on the Deseret ranch and they are killing them left and right.

cracker4112

It just depends on where you are going. They have been gobbling good about an hour north of where you are headed. Not much noise on two of the no quota WMAs west of you...

Cole Henry

Every day is different honestly. My close friend that is an Osceola outfitter is killing them good still but one day they are firing away and the next day not so much.

J Gilbert

It just depends on where you are going. They have been gobbling good about an hour north of where you are headed. Not much noise on two of the no quota WMAs west of you...

We hunted the special opportunity hunt next to these WMAs back at the beginning of the month, 3 of our group of 5 heard good gobbling the first two days and it died down from there. I only heard one bird in my zip code and he was hammering hard around 8:15 and was dead by 8:30.

My best advice is get near water in areas that have been thinned and look for openings with green shoots coming up where water has receded- both birds our group killed were in these types of areas. Most of all, carry a thermacell and plenty of water, it's hot and those mosquitoes are thirsty.

ventilator

Great! Thanks for the updates! I am about to jump in the truck for the 9 hour drive down. Hunting with Joey Jimenez. I will give a run down on how it goes!

ventilator

Had my opportunity 30 mins into the first morning. longbeard raced in to a fan decoy. I drew as he was running in. Misjudged the range and missed him! Cut feathers off his underside. Shot for 32 and he was actually 39. Mostly dead after friday morning. Unresponsive birds. Actually stalked and killed a huge hog friday afternoon. Saw a lot of hogs and almost killed a second one yesterday as well. Guess im gonna have to go for my 4th try next year. Ill give up on this archery stuff one day for turkeys.

Attachments

• florida2.jpg
    florida2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 130

wvdawg

Staff member
Real close! You'll finish it next year! Congrats on the hog!
DJ