Rabies

roperdoc

Our area (Barrow/Jackson Co) has had multiple cases of rabies confirmed in the last year. A skunk entered a beagle pen, 13 beagles had to be killed because they were not currently vaccinated.
Two other homes had coons come up and attack dogs in the yard. 4 dogs in a yard were put down. A dog on a chain at the other home was put down.
Two cows were diagnosed with rabies nearby also.
These were dogs in their own yards and pens. What are the chances of a dog running into a rabid animal in the woods? And you never know until too late.
Don't take a chance with your dogs or yours and your family's lives by putting off vaccination. Treatment for rabies exposure runs right around $20,000 these days.
( yep, thats Twenty thousand, ask me how I know)

Hunting seasons are over, but make sure your rabies vaccinations on your hunting dogs are current. Don't wait.

HOG-HEAD

thanks doc , we appreciate the advise , hey guys this man knows what he is talking about , known him for years , he is a great outdoors man , great hunter and is part catch dog.....when he gives you advice about dog care he knows , and we should heed the warning....he knows his stuff ( its his business)...hey doc how nuch do the shots run

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
doc you should also post this in the other applicable forums (if you haven't already). It is very important.

T

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great advice. Takes me back to my old hound days in South Fl. Always kept my dogs shots up to date.

Dog Hunter

We have several rabies clinics around here. I load them up and go to them and the vet gives them the shots on the tailgate, get all my paperwork and tags and im good to go.