The Andy Griffith show

MCBUCK

Amen. Personally I thought Andy should have stayed with Peg the nurse whose Daddy owned half of NC.

She was my favorite, but there is a reason....She is from....voila...GEORGIA....born in Parrott, Ga. (just outside Americus) Miss Dorothy Joanne Cook...she was married to Ryan O'Neal from 1963-1967 and had two children; Griffin O'Neal and guess who???? Tatum O'Neal!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Moore

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wish we could go back to the days of Mayberry. No BLM or choose your baffroom. Me and Otis would have been BFF's.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wish we could go back to the days of Mayberry. No BLM or choose your baffroom. Me and Otis would have been BFF's.

Yeah, but I ain't puttin' on no suit and necktie to go down to the diner and eat meatloaf.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
you can wear your skinny jeans to the diner; NCHB

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
them ladies were hot. always wanted to see sherrif taylor and chuck norris go at it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
you can wear your skinny jeans to the diner; NCHB

Cool. I ain't takin no durn goat with me, though. People might start talkin'.

Dr. Strangelove

Ellie the pharmacist was the hottest to me by far, though Helen Crump came in a close second.

Interestingly enough, I've always read over the years that Andy Griffith was a complete jackwagon in real life and that was one of the reasons that Elinor Donahue left the show after only one season, though she had been contracted for multiple seasons.

One of my uncles used to do a lot of fund-raising for the Flat Rock Playhouse in NC and was on the board of directors. He always used to tell me about the crazy demands of of the actors/actresses and which ones were nice people in real life and who wasn't, it would surprise you.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ellie the pharmacist was the hottest to me by far, though Helen Crump came in a close second.

Interestingly enough, I've always read over the years that Andy Griffith was a complete jackwagon in real life and that was one of the reasons that Elinor Donahue left the show after only one season, though she had been contracted for multiple seasons.

One of my uncles used to do a lot of fund-raising for the Flat Rock Playhouse in NC and was on the board of directors. He always used to tell me about the crazy demands of of the actors/actresses and which ones were nice people in real life and who wasn't, it would surprise you.

I have also heard Andy Griffith was a jerk in real life.

Anyone know what the P stood for in Barney's full name? Bernard P Fife. His middle name was actually referred to as Oliver, Tibbs, and Milton on different episodes.

I would've given Ms Helen a run - I've been naughty teacher......... facepalm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Fife

Some continuity slip-ups can be expected, as the series had several writers. An illustration of this is with the various middle names given for both Barney and Andy. In the episode "Class Reunion", Barney's middle name is Milton, though at other times he is called "Bernard P. Fife". In another episode, where he believes he is the descendant of Nathan Tibbs, a Mayberry Revolutionary hero, he says his name is "Barney 'Tibbs' Fife". Andy jokingly says, "I thought your middle name was Oliver." A similar problem exists with Andy's middle name, which was given as Jackson on his own show (when his high school photo was shown), but his newborn son's name was given as Andrew Samuel Taylor Jr. on Mayberry RFD (during a christening).

T-N-T

I have read that Aunt Bee was a real witch. Didn't like the part. Didn't like the show. Didn't like any of it.
But she stayed on for the cash.

Oldstick

I have read that Aunt Bee was a real witch. Didn't like the part. Didn't like the show. Didn't like any of it.
But she stayed on for the cash.

I heard she was interviewed on the John Boy and Billy radio show some years back and the first thing she said was "Please, no questions about the Andy Griffith show.".

:rofl:

OK.... crickets chirping... that must have been one tough interview after that. I think she was a stage actress before the show, but how many would know anything about that?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I have also been on a big All In The Family kick.
I am too young and missed it the first go round. I love it though.
But I cannot for the life of me figure out why it comes on LOGO???? I figure with all the racist stuff they would never let it on there.

We weren't allowed to watch that show when I grew up. Had to watch the waltons. Dukes of hazard was the most risqué show we could watch

one hogman

USED to love the shows BUT after he came out supporting Obamacare It made me realize that Mayberry was SICK!! I refuse to this day to watch anything that Andy Griffin did !!!:mad:

Dr. Strangelove

Eh, sometimes you don't want to meet your heroes.

I had a pretty bad stutter as a kid and remember meeting a local TV channel kid's show celebrity at an elementary school event. He made fun of me, I said "why don't you go (use your imagination here) yourself".

My mom layed into him, the local channel got involved (mom was a teacher at the school, unfortunately for him), I got a written apology and all I heard from mom was "I don't approve of you using that language, but in this case it was appropriate, and where did you learn that, anyway?"

Dr. Strangelove

Two fun ones:

Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin used to be seen all around Athens 25 years or so ago. I ran into her into her at the Ingles on the Atlanta highway, shopping by herself. I said "Hi, aren't you Kim Basinger", she looked at me and said "yes", I managed to drone out "I... like... your... movies..." in kinda the "Sling Blade" mustard biscuits sort of voice and stuck my hand out like an idiot. She shook my hand and "Well, thank you". I managed to stumble away with very little dignity left, but I had shaken hands with Kim Basinger.

I used to be a vending route guy for Coca-Cola (filled Coke machines) and one of my stops was on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC, where Andie McDowell had a home (in Asheville, not on the estate). I watched an unholy hawt woman walk a horse into the barn where I was filling a machine (not an uncommon event there), then turned back to filling the machine. A few moments later, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see a vision from heaven wearing thigh-high leather riding boots and holding a riding crop, all muddy and sweaty, framed by the late-afternoon sunlight coming through the barn door (I should mention I might possibly have a thing for Andie McDowell).

AD (Andie McDowell): May I have a Diet Coke?

Me: Bwaaaaa (In my head thinking, why is this ridiculous noise coming out of my mouth)

AD: Oh, I have money - fumbling in her pockets

Me: Bwaaaaa - waves hands signifying "Don't worry about it"

Me: Fumbles a cold Diet Coke out of the machine, hands it to her.

AD: Thank you very much, I appreciate that!

Me: Bwaaaaaa

AD: Giggles, says "Well, OK, thanks again" and turns (and in my mind spanks her boot with the riding crop and walks seductively off, though that may or may not have happened, I prefer to think it did)

Andie McDowell is hands down the most attractive woman I have ever seen in real life. She's hawter than on film. Good Lord have mercy.

Oldstick

Andie McDowell is hands down the most attractive woman I have ever seen in real life. She's hawter than on film. Good Lord have mercy.

And then you probably had to explain to the fella's back at the warehouse why you were 75 cents short.

T-N-T

"Framed by the late afternoon sunlight in the barn door"
She isn't ugly at all though.

Latest posts