If you can't sell it

sinclair1

No reason you need to.

Just one more example of cultists in action.

I imagine a good portion of customers are egg allergic. As for the tactic, it's common from big business to folks having buddies by some eBay stuff to get the reviews going.
I run a ethical business, but it's tough out there to do it right.:cheers:

NOYDB

BANNED
I imagine a good portion of customers are egg allergic.

good possibility

As for the tactic, it's common from big business to folks having buddies by some eBay stuff to get the reviews going.

It's done, but not regarded as good practice. Played on the ebay forums for couple of years. Delving into what was normal and considered acceptable. Of course things have trended down hill since I was active.

I run a ethical business, but it's tough out there to do it right.:cheers:

Yes it is. Competition is fierce.

However in the article the co is supposedly egg free not to protect consumers with egg allergies but assuage the feelings of vegans who want to worry about the feelings of chickens.

sinclair1

However in the article the co is supposedly egg free not to protect consumers with egg allergies but assuage the feelings of vegans who want to worry about the feelings of chickens.

Vegans are spending lots of money. I can see why they would target them. Personally I would eat hellmans before I touched that junk. I don't really understand the trendy health market although I am a eat right avocate.

I wish I could decide ribs are nasty and would die before I ate them. :bounce: had my monthly BBQ just last week after making my goal....ummmmm good:cheers:

sinclair1

I am more irritated by folks that don't have the willpower and try to use short cuts to solve the problem, all while they could do it for free with very little effort.

Take nutrisystem, I am not irritated with them, but the people who are spending their hard earned money to get a few lean cuisines shipped to them that they could find meals at the grocery with exactly the same crappy nutritional panel.

It works for some and I don't care what they do and I don't care if the company takes their money, but I guess it's just unfortunate and kinda sad that the human brain can't over come this and just take responsibility.

I am out there on every topic, I relize that. I live like I am looking at myself as a judge of my own actions, so although probably clinically insane, it gets results.

Folks are so dead set on how and what to do, were I am calling audibles every day, I look back at post the next day sometimes and have already changed my thoughts :bounce:

NOYDB

BANNED
I wish I could decide ribs are nasty and would die before I ate them. :bounce: had my monthly BBQ just last week after making my goal....ummmmm good:cheers:

Bet that was good.

I go with Miracle Whip for most things. I don't buy by brand but by taste.

I don't do much on evilbay any more but I had over 1100 positive reviews and never a negative.

Mostly gunsmithing tools.

sinclair1

Bet that was good.

I go with Miracle Whip for most things. I don't buy by brand but by taste.

I don't do much on evilbay any more but I had over 1100 positive reviews and never a negative.

Mostly gunsmithing tools.

My website will auto post to eBay, but although there's no effort in it, I just can't pony up that much for a sale. Do you know if I could exclude ga? I wouldn't even want to get more tax to keep up with at that margin.:cheers:

NOYDB

BANNED
My website will auto post to eBay, but although there's no effort in it, I just can't pony up that much for a sale. Do you know if I could exclude ga? I wouldn't even want to get more tax to keep up with at that margin.:cheers:

Been inactive for several years. Not up to speed on all the procedures. Used to know all that off the top of my head. But I don't want to steer you wrong.

Used to hang in the help forum, giving how to info to newbies. But I'm way out of date.

Did teach me to spot scams.

I always felt bad when someone would lose their money, sometimes significant amounts, and then ask for help.

Reinforced my belief in RTM. Find out first,then make a transaction. There are no Harley factories in Czechoslovakia.

sinclair1

You feeling ok ? Some holistic Dr died and you haven't reported it yet ::ke: Dr Sebi, no idea who that is but you must be asleep :huh:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
egg mayo

wasn't Miracle Whip invented years ago?

NOYDB

BANNED
You feeling ok ? Some holistic Dr died and you haven't reported it yet ::ke: Dr Sebi, no idea who that is but you must be asleep :huh:

I can't, and don't try, keep track of all the snake oil sales people.

Of course he was going to live forever, so dying while in custody is suspicious.

When I was participating in the evilbay help forums we had a newbie come ask for help.

The con was he got an email offering him a half price motorcycle. The story went:

A soldier was stationed in europe and was offered a deal. The opportunity to buy a Harley at less than half price. The catch was the dealer would only offer him that if he bought two. He needed a partner to go in with him. This was stock from the secret Harley factory in Czechoslovakia. At the time there was a waiting list at US dealers for cycles. But if he partnered up with the sender he could get his bike now, as soon as it was shipped. All he had to do was cover shipping Via Western Union wire transfer and he could pay for the bike once it arrived.So the newbie sent off the wire transfer and never heard from the sender again. Could we please tell him how to get his money back? It was about 1500$, and he really needed the money.

It was all Western's fault for making it so easy.

That was the first incident of half priced Harleys I heard of but about that time flat screen TVs were high dollar. The cons would offer TVs for a really low amount with the story that they were sourced from a satellite factory in an obscure eastern european country. How could evilbay allow that to happen?

So you tell me.

Creative marketing or thieves?

sinclair1

I can't, and don't try, keep track of all the snake oil sales people.

Of course he was going to live forever, so dying while in custody is suspicious.

When I was participating in the evilbay help forums we had a newbie come ask for help.

The con was he got an email offering him a half price motorcycle. The story went:

A soldier was stationed in europe and was offered a deal. The opportunity to buy a Harley at less than half price. The catch was the dealer would only offer him that if he bought two. He needed a partner to go in with him. This was stock from the secret Harley factory in Czechoslovakia. At the time there was a waiting list at US dealers for cycles. But if he partnered up with the sender he could get his bike now, as soon as it was shipped. All he had to do was cover shipping Via Western Union wire transfer and he could pay for the bike once it arrived.So the newbie sent off the wire transfer and never heard from the sender again. Could we please tell him how to get his money back? It was about 1500$, and he really needed the money.

It was all Western's fault for making it so easy.

That was the first incident of half priced Harleys I heard of but about that time flat screen TVs were high dollar. The cons would offer TVs for a really low amount with the story that they were sourced from a satellite factory in an obscure eastern european country. How could evilbay allow that to happen?

So you tell me.

Creative marketing or thieves?
Thieves are going to be everywhere. I get as many clicks from Russia and China as here in the USA, I don't sell or advertise there and can't stop it....but I can block any ip individually that I want. You would think the US gov would have a button where I could block any country without blocking a billion IP addresses individually, if they really cared about security. They are only looking to hack or steal American ideas.
Oh sure I can buy the list to load :deadhorse: only takes about 6 months to load up.facepalm:

NOYDB

BANNED
Thieves are going to be everywhere. I get as many clicks from Russia and China as here in the USA, I don't sell or advertise there and can't stop it....but I can block any ip individually that I want. You would think the US gov would have a button where I could block any country without blocking a billion IP addresses individually, if they really cared about security. They are only looking to hack or steal American ideas.
Oh sure I can buy the list to load :deadhorse: only takes about 6 months to load up.facepalm:

I have purchased small items from China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and others from around the world including Brazil, England and more thru evilbay.

Thing is for many to remember is the delete key works fast. 99% or more of the spam I receive I never open and if it got by my filters I delete it. People don't realize that no one, no one is chomping at the bit to send you an email offering you free money. The purpose of email filters are to select out those emails you do want.

sinclair1

I have purchased small items from China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and others from around the world including Brazil, England and more thru evilbay.

Thing is for many to remember is the delete key works fast. 99% or more of the spam I receive I never open and if it got by my filters I delete it. People don't realize that no one, no one is chomping at the bit to send you an email offering you free money. The purpose of email filters are to select out those emails you do want.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I own a US based business with a website. I just ignore the emails and most go to spam, but I can't stop the hackers from trying to hack me even though I don't sell to Russia

NOYDB

BANNED
Sorry I wasn't clear. I own a US based business with a website. I just ignore the emails and most go to spam, but I can't stop the hackers from trying to hack me even though I don't sell to Russia

They aren't looking for you to sell to them, they just want what ever they can take. But they can't steal what you don't make available.

I don't like thieves or liars of any stripe. Or about anything.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Wonder if they repackaged and shipped it back out to the stores?