20160724_094713.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 20160724_100314.jpg
    20160724_100314.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 220

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
How big is the lake, and how far is it from a creek or river?

T-N-T

Alligator taste like chicken fried in left over fish grease.
Cut into bite size cubes. Batter and drop in hot grease.
When the chunks rise, they are done.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Alligator taste like chicken fried in left over fish grease.
Cut into bite size cubes. Batter and drop in hot grease.
When the chunks rise, they are done.

Don`t taste nothing like chicken. Got a flavor all its own, except for old bulls. Only thing that tastes like chicken is chicken.

champ

I eat every fair sized rattler I can get my hands on, gator and rattler tastes about the same to me. Andys spicy batter mix is awesome on froglegs, snake, and gator.
All together our lake is three acres, theres another one immediately next door about the same size, and our back twenty property line is Williams Creek bogg in Washington County.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I eat every fair sized rattler I can get my hands on, gator and rattler tastes about the same to me. Andys spicy batter mix is awesome on froglegs, snake, and gator.
All together our lake is three acres, theres another one immediately next door about the same size, and our back twenty property line is Williams Creek bogg in Washington County.

You`ll probably have gators taking up residence there from here on out. Just don`t feed em.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

T-N-T

Don`t taste nothing like chicken. Got a flavor all its own, except for old bulls. Only thing that tastes like chicken is chicken.

Everyone always says "this" tastes like chicken. Or "that" tastes like chicken.
I always wondered if "everything" tastes like chicken, then what does chicken taste "like"?

Gator has a fishy taste. But not like fish. Might have something to with the black water we have? Depending on how you batter it, and what spice of whatnot you add, you can alter it.

Biggest thing is to make sure all the fat is cut away. The fat is stronger tasting and will change your opinion if you are weary of "new" flavors.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV

Williamson Swamp Creek runs thru the back of my property, there's a little bit of everything in that creek. Some of the best red breast fishing anywhere !!!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I just want to know why we haven't planned the next WAR at your Washington place, Champ???

champ

We just got it a couple months back, and I can already say that WAR knows it's welcome with us no matter where we are! The Washington place has PLENTY of room for all. Fishing, shooting, outdoor enclosed cook-house, full utilities. We're good-to-go and surely hope all can make it to Warthen, Georgia when the WAR takes place. As matter of fact, Rachel has planned a birthday bash for me there on the 20th of this month. All are welcome! Shrimp boil, and fixins included. BYOB, camper, tents etc... We'll run the gator(s) off.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

And grouse. They actually do taste like chicken. Gator and gar taste a lot alike to me.

ryanh487

Had fried gator at papadeaux yesterday. tasted a lot like chicken to me, but just a little different in a good way. if you served it along side chicken i could probably have taken a bite of each and told you the difference, but if you just brought it out without telling me what it was i would have assumed it was chicken. i'm sure wild gator has a little more distinctive flavor though.

Bullhound

Check the regs for the tag for gators...I'm pretty sure it has to be 6 foot minimum...at least that's what I thought I read. Would hate for someone to burn a tag on one and then get it taken away.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Check the regs for the tag for gators...I'm pretty sure it has to be 6 foot minimum...at least that's what I thought I read. Would hate for someone to burn a tag on one and then get it taken away.

From the regs.

"Legal alligators must be greater than or equal to 48 inches in length as measured from end of the snout to tip of the tail for Zones 1-9. In Zone 1A (Lake Walter F. George), legal alligators must be greater or equal to 96 inches in length as measured from end of the snout to tip of the tail."