More big ones today w/pics

Scout'nStripers

My buddy Matt O'Connell and I fished the UGA Fall Championship today out of Balus. We won the tourney and took big fish of 5.11. I believe our total weight was 19.66. Lots of fun! Big thanks to the UGA guys for putting on a great tournament! We probably boated around 20 fish today and every once in a while we would pop a good one. Same deal, hitting them with the Sebile and the spoon. Water temps right at 60.

Attachments

• tourney3.jpg
    tourney3.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 977
  • tourney.jpg
    tourney.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 967

teebert

Wow I must be doing something really wrong. After seeing all the reports I fished Friday throwing the Sebile and dropping a spoon and not so much as a sniff. You guys are the only reason I keep trying.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Way to go jim! That's a heck of a bag.
It was the biggest sack out of my boat to date. It's going to be hard to beat that one.

fish hawk

Bass Master
5 fish sack of spots going almost 20 lbs is a heck of a day

Lucient

Thats an awesome sack of fish. Good job. I fished Saturday morning and couldnt get anything going. I was mid lake out of Vann Tavern, I had a couple bites on a jerk bait but nothing substantial.

Scout'nStripers

5 fish sack of spots going almost 20 lbs is a heck of a day
Thanks Hawk. It's going to be hard to beat.

Bet that was fun!!
It was for sure! We had a limit by 8:30 and then it was grind to upgrade. It was pretty special for me because I thought we maybe had 15-17lbs total and when I saw the display read 19.66 I just about fell over. I just didn't realize just how big those fish were. As it turned out 3 of our fish were right around the 5lb mark. The 5.11 really put the 7lb flouro to the test. Those big spots make a few pile driving runs but I had my drag adjusted and kept good pressure on them. Lots of fun!

Scout'nStripers

Sweetness!
Thanks Dustin.

Thats an awesome sack of fish. Good job. I fished Saturday morning and couldnt get anything going. I was mid lake out of Vann Tavern, I had a couple bites on a jerk bait but nothing substantial.
I know what you mean. I keep thinking we're going to be getting into a good crankbait bite any day now so I keep checking shallow stuff and putting some shakeyheads on the docks but those big ole deep fish are the big ticket item for me right now.