Elk season 2018

Budda

Anyone wanting to go on a DIY hunt in Idaho for Elk and Muley and maybe tack on a quick antelope hunt in Wyoming? Idaho would be bow only unless we are drawn for rifle. Wyoming would be rifle

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Sorry dude,
Ive already booked the Wy. lope hunt. Headed to Colorado for a few days of elk after that.

Budda

DIY is cheaper than an outfitter

deers2ward

Compare pics when you get back, see who got what.

Also, compare how many days you were each away from home, missed work, and compare tax returns so we can see what your time is worth.

Some people have more time than money......and some have more money than time.

Budda

Time and money go hand in hand. I like going for more than just the killing. I go for the scenery, sense of accomplishment, relief from normal life etc etc. I can go DIY elk and muley in Idaho 4 or 5 times as compared to elk hunting with a reputable outfitter with high odds. I kinda like that.

sniffen08

I would love to go on DIY hunt, that sounds awesome! But my work schedule is hetic for that

Budda

The normal guy who goes wit me just had surgery on his elbow and ain’t able to go this year.

sniffen08

I'm sorry to hear that, around what time frame do you guys usually go? And how long is the trip?

Budda

I'm sorry to hear that, around what time frame do you guys usually go? And how long is the trip?

Either last week of September wit a bow or if drawn for rifle, second week of October

sniffen08

That would be awesome to do a hunt like that! If only my work allowed for time to do that