How many members here have a Concealed Carry Permit?

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
I've noticed that the response to calling and Emailing the Governor urging him to sign HB89 into law has been minimal at best.

I am wondering whether this is from a lack of concern, disagreement with the bill or if there just aren't that many folks who currently exercise their right to apply for the permit and carry a concealed weapon.

Please contact Governor Perdue with the information below.

Methods To Use

Web Form E-Mail: http://gov.georgia.gov/00/gov/contact_us/0,2657,78006749_94820188,00.html

Snail Mail (USPS):
The Office of the Governor
State of Georgia
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334

Phone:
404-656-1776

Fax:
404-657-7332

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
That web link doesn't work

EnglishRedNeck

I got one.

Link doesn't work.

pbradley

I do not. I will be darned if I'm going to ask the government's permission for a license to exercise a right I already have.

Wiskey_33

I've got one, and have sent off an email to Purdue's office, as well as many other state reps.

Use it or lose it guys...stand up and protect our rights.

Wiskey_33

I do not. I will be darned if I'm going to ask the government's permission for a license to exercise a right I already have.

Already have? Try explaining that one to an officer when he pulls you over.

REMINGTON710

i dont have one, but support the bill. what would you say in an email to the governor?

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten

pbradley,

We both agree that a "Permit" should not be needed in order to carry a weapon for protection but regardless of our literal translation of the 2nd amendment if you carry without one you are breaking the law.

The process isn't that difficult. Begin today and you should have your permit before Summer.

Robert

thomasr

I do and I did.

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
i dont have one, but support the bill. what would you say in an email to the governor?

Remmy,

Just ask politely that he sign HB89 as soon as it reaches his desk. Here are a few examples of Emails that have been sent.

Dear Governor Perdue,

As a Georgia Firearms License holder and avid outdoorsman and hunter, I am respectfully requesting that you sign HB 89 as soon as it comes to your desk.

Nationwide statistics have clearly show that responsible gun owners (permit holders) are among the most law abiding citizens in today's society. Not to mention a recent poll in the Atlanta Journal Constitution showed that 85 percent of the people that participated in the poll were in favor of the bill.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Dear Governor Perdue,

I am writing in order to express my support of HB89. I urge you to sign the bill as soon as possible so that the law abiding citizens of the great state of Georgia can continue to protect themselves and their families.

Best Regards,

Thanks,

Robert

Bruz

Gone but not forgotten
The pressure to Veto this bill is building. The restaurant industry has a tremendous amount of pull so we have to keep calling and writing every day. I'm on a first name basis with one of the ladies in the Governor's office at this point. They are receiving thousands of calls and emails from both sides of this fight.

Please keep calling. The emails can be ignored much easier than the calls.

Thanks,

Robert

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I do and did.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Just called too.

Latest posts