Mexico Beach

Meriwether Mike

Stayed down there last year for a week. It was nice and quiet. You had to do a little driving for the nice restaurants, but I liked it down there. I did a little surf fishing and relaxed.

CAL

Plumber,
Many years ago I had a boat down at Mexico Beach.I really did like it for many reasons.The canel gave you access to the gulf and the protection of a safe harbor.There are not a lots of people there as in Panama City.We go down there now a couple of times a year with the grandchildren.If you like Florida where it isn't so commercialized and enjoy the fishing also,ya can't beat it to me!

teethdoc

Mexico Beach is nice and not too crowded, but you better wait until next week to see if it's still there. There is going to be a lot of beach erosion after Dennis along the gulf coast.

bilgerat

Senior
my dad had a boat in Mexico beach back in the 60s when I was a youmg-un and all my recollections of those days fishin with my dad and brothers are some of the best memories I have !!!Man I miss those days! :flag: :flag:

PWalls

Good place to go. Far enough away from the Panama City Beach crowd, but not so far that you can't get to a good restaurant. Beach itself is nice also.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I read a damage report on a another forum a few minutes ago.

They say the canal got pretty well tore up but that only a couple of structures on the beachfront were significantly damaged.

Bottom fishing down there after a storm like this will be awesome!

However, there will be a lot of junk in the water and it will take a man that has no concern for the foot of his motor to run in it!

They say Dan Russell Pier at PC lost 150'!

The road out to Cape San Blas has been washed away and there is tidal flooding from Carabelle to St. Mark's.