How about wives that HATE your hunting!!

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
I appreciate all ya'll's comments. I'm suprised that none of the female members have weighed in.

I didn't really think you wanted to hear my opinion :bounce: My son would have been in the woods a long time ago, and I think she is wrong, and I think you should have done something about it sooner, cause she thinks it's her decision at this point ... And I don't understand why so many men who love to hunt and fish are married to so many women who DON'T :confused: Or why they put their treasured mounts in the shed or garage and not on a very prominent wall where they should be like they are proud of the time and skill it took to harvest that trophy :fine: Some things you just gotta put you're foot down about, and if you love it that much, this is one of them. And if she loves you that much, she will understand. You can't go back and redo the past, but trust me, it's time.

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Went down this road with the EX...enuff said.

My G/F does not hunt but loves the outdoors. Her Brothers an Dad have all hunted for years. I took her with me running my hounds and bought her a beagle pup she has raised. I now get asked, "Are we taking the dogs hunting this weekend." I dont think she would ever kill anything but loves to be out there and encourages me to continue what I like doing. It sure makes life more enjoyable to share the outdoors.

To the original question, I just loaded my boy and went. My son loved it. His mom hated it but had to get over it as we always had a great time and the kid would rant for hours about our lil adventures together. I carry those as some of my fondest memories, no one should keep you from that.

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
My wife don't mind me hunting,,GOOD. But I have told her from the get-go, I can find another pretty woman,, but a nice buck might be a once in a lifetime event for me.

HBC4570

i agree with KDarsey.
i finally came to the conclusion that i look better to my wife when i'm
leaving the drive way than when i'm coming back in.seriously,she's a good one and we have been married over 40yrs.but in the
early fall of every year she has a honey-do list for me that
is a mile long.when she sees that the only thing being done around
the house has to do with the upcoming deer season,she wishes
me good luck and tells me how many deer i need to take for our
freezer.

both of our sons have hunted with me but it's just not for them.
my oldest grandson hunted with me alot up until he was about 16.
he then discovered gasoline and perfume and that was the end
of his hunting.he's now 22 and about ready to start hunting with
old granddad again.

snookdoctor

Well, it may be insignificant since this thread was data mined from 2 years ago, but......

If you take your kid hunting for the first time when your wife says he can't go.....you better hope opening weekend falls on a weekend next year when you have custody:bounce:

SarahFair

The only things I hate is he doesnt want to take me :mad:
Guess hes scared Id show him up :huh:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Had one like that one time...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My wife helps me butcher deer. Why in the world would you marry an anti-hunter if you love to hunt? Life's too short to spend all your time in apple-orange arguments.

My wife is upset we ran out of ground!!! She doesn't hunt but she love's to eat deer, duck, and rabbit. She even bought the Ted Nugent Kill it and Grill It Cook Book. I DIDN'T EVEN TELL HER ABOUT IT...she just saw it at Barnes and Noble and thought it would be neat to have in the kitchen :cool:

My dad told my mom before they got married, "As long as my bills are paid, I'm gonna hunt and fish. If you can't live with that, don't marry me." Now, he's retired, but instead of going more, he actually goes less. He's so tired of the griping that he stays home quite a bit to avoid having to put up with it. Personally, I'd rather be single for ever than have to put up with having to ask permisssion to do what I want to do.

Jayrod

Wow....this thread is going to be 4 years old this year. I guess some things never change:crazy:

My wife loves animals but I have educated her on the neccessity of hunting, conservation, etc. She loves deer meat and accepts that harvesting deer is a neccessary evil to ensure their survival. Not to mention I proposed to her at a deer camp and took her bowhunting on one of our dates before we got married(harvested a doe too!:clap:) I just explain that I'm doing my part to help maintain a healthy deer population....and I'll do her part too!::ke:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Not only does my wife HATE my hunting and fishing, she also hates my drankin, smoking, scratchin, snoring, belching, pootin, gambling, womanizing, bar hoppin too.:banginghe

I don't know what HER problem is... wimmin...:crazy::confused:

Last edited:

SarahFair

Not only does my wife HATE my hunting and fishing, she also hates my drankin, smoking, scratchin, snoring, belching, pootin, gambling, womanizing, bar hoppin too.:banginghe

I don't know what HER problem is... wimmin...:crazy::confused:
Ive never known a man to "poot"
Pootin doesnt even scratch the surface of what yall are capable of! :crazy:

Georgesur

Gone but not forgotten
My wife loves for me to go hunting. She stays at camp and goes to the pond and wets a hook. Many a time after leaving the stand we get back to the camp to the smell of frying fish. She will have caught a mess of fish cleaned them and have them in the frying pan. This past season one afternoon about an hour before prime time something told me to go back to camp. Well as I got back to camp there she stood with a smile as big as Texas. She had a really nice bass in the cooler that weighed about 6 pounds and was the biggest fish she had ever caught. Well I told her that was going on the wall and has. She as the bass are keepers. My wife will be the first to tell you that she is a clutz and she caought the fish on a number 6 hook with a piece of worm. As she was bringing it in up the bank it got off and was slidding down the bank and she slid down bank and grab it. Sure wish I had been there to see that.