Clover

oppthepop

Will be nursing along about 14-15 acres of lovely Imperial Whitetail clover this spring. Applied chicken manure last spring and what an incredible difference it made!

Attachments

• clover.JPG
    clover.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 732

Triple C

Will be nursing along about 14-15 acres of lovely Imperial Whitetail clover this spring. Applied chicken manure last spring and what an incredible difference it made!

That is one fine stand of clover! I'm with you...love perennial clover. Feeds em pretty much all year.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Beautiful clover! Feeding the deer year round!

Ihunt

You can’t argue about his clover looking good but chicken poop has a lot of nitrogen in it. If you can find some 0-20-20 it would be better.

ucfireman

IS yuchi arrowleaf clover any good? I read it will reseed and its a summer crop. Was going to plant it with the little bluestem grass.

Canuck5

Arrowleaf is a good clover, but I wouldn't call it a summer crop. Mine will seed out and be done in June and is one of the reasons I use a 3 clover blend (now), for my annual plots. The medium red clover will carry me thru to the next fall.

Attachments

• Crude protein.JPG
    Crude protein.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 437

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Can't go wrong with establishing perennial clover. Looks great.

BCPbuckhunter

Arrowleaf is a good clover, but I wouldn't call it a summer crop. Mine will seed out and be done in June and is one of the reasons I use a 3 clover blend (now), for my annual plots. The medium red clover will carry me thru to the next fall.
I love some medium red. Mine lasted all summer this past year.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Attached Images

What Did you do with Sept and Oct?:rofl:

Canuck5

Attached Images

What Did you do with Sept and Oct?:rofl:

I was reviewing the Hunting Clubs budget and marking areas of shortfall, in red, before doing the chart ...... and well, I ran out of ink ..... I had to make some cuts, somewhere and September and October got cut!! :D

Pw00132

Have any of you heard that using chicken manure can kill turkeys? Someone once told me that diseases found in the manure can transfer over to a turkey.

deerbuster

Have any of you heard that using chicken manure can kill turkeys? Someone once told me that diseases found in the manure can transfer over to a turkey.

I’ve heard this as well but don’t know any scientific data to back it up.

Ihunt

Yep. Google black head disease. My turkeys are gone. Ag all around me. They used chicken poop