Home-brewed Asian.......I'm full as a tick.

Dub

Stuffed those wrappers with some kicked up tri-color slaw mix that had a healthy dose of Sriracha squirted in for good measure and for dessert some were made with softened cream cheese, parsley, sugar & lime juice.

Also seasoned some wings with this rub....after getting it outa the jar and busted up back into a powder form....stuff was solid through and through when I opened it :huh:

The flavor on fried wings was dang good. Had to test drive one just to be certain...................Oh yeah. I'm certain.

Mixed up a batch of stir fry to serve over some sushi-style rice.

Sparing application of 2:1 ratio of rice wine vinegar to sugar added after it's cooked sets this stuff off like nobody's bidness. :banana:

Hit the wings with a batch of Ablemen's orange - sriracha sauce.

Big7

The Oracle
Good idea.

I have a pack of wraps in the freezer.

Might just bust out some meat and fish
tomorrow.

You done flung a craving on me..

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Looks most awesome Dubbro !!! Wonder how the wraps would stuffed with some skrimp and crab meat ??

naildrvr

That looks awesome! I would like to sign up for quality control in your kitchen. I'm mighty good at taste testin'.

Dub

Good idea.

I have a pack of wraps in the freezer.

Might just bust out some meat and fish
tomorrow.

You done flung a craving on me..

Sounds great already.

Looks most awesome Dubbro !!! Wonder how the wraps would stuffed with some skrimp and crab meat ??

It's hard to go wrong with these egg roll wrappers.

You can stuff them with all sorts of great tasting fillers.

Main two things to remember is to wrap them "tightly" so to avoid air pockets that want to float in the oil....makes it more difficult to get event cooking when one side wants to turn upwards the whole cook time.

Second thing is to allow whatever you are stuffing with to drain a bit before putting it in there. I do a version with collards & pimento cheese. I let the collards drain first.

Pulled pork, SBR & slaw make an excellent version.

I want to try some with breakfast eats in them, but am not sure how much to pre-cook the eggs prior. I'm of a good mind to run up to the store this morning and get another pack and try it. :rofl:

My OH My,that looks outstanding, and I bet it was Dub

PF

Thank you, sir. Turned out really tasty. I personally don't eat rice very often....family loves it. I can say this sushi-style rice is some that I like, too. That vinegar, cut with some sugar is perfect in it. No salt, no pepper, no butter....just the rice cooked in water with the vinegar mix. :cool:

That looks awesome! I would like to sign up for quality control in your kitchen. I'm mighty good at taste testin'.

Thanks, man.

I could use an honest QC tester in the kitchen.

The two I have are a bit biased and not too picky. Of course....they are of the 4-legged variety. :p

JHannah92

Looks great. I haven't done those orange sriracha wings in a long time. I'll have to do it again real soon.

Dub

Looks great. I haven't done those orange sriracha wings in a long time. I'll have to do it again real soon.

Thank you.

I've always grilled the wings first.....but the fried version with a that Asian Fusion rub was good, too. I've got several more raw wings and a pile of that sauce leftover that I'll run later today for my son. I may do a light batter on the wings, too.

Here's Ableman's original post where he gave us the recipe:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=760248&highlight=sriracha+peach

Here's a cook I did with his sauce recipe on some grilled wings and yardbird:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=899802&highlight=sriracha+orange

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fantastic Eats,Dub!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
did NOT need to look at this 2 hrs away from lunch

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that looks good! I also like the sushi vinegar-seasoned rice.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I'm a fanatic for asian style chicken wings. There was this Korean place in Decatur, GA that was pretty short-lived. I went there right after they opened and had the best wings I've ever and will ever experience. Absolutely incredible, just the right amount of sweet with, chili spice, sesame seeds etc. I tried them again a couple months later and they were different; place closed not long after.

Dub

Ida toe at up.

:bounce:

Thanks !!!

Fantastic Eats,Dub!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Thank you.

did NOT need to look at this 2 hrs away from lunch

Sorry man. For what it's worth my son was outa school today....something called Spring Pause or some such :crazy:

He asked me to cook the rest of the wings and I did them the same way.

I tasted two of them and we both agreed....the flavor just isn't as good fried as they are grilled.

Two wing pieces was lunch for me. Just was't up for 'em.

Same here. I'm already hungry and this just nuked that feeling.

:bounce:

Man, that looks good! I also like the sushi vinegar-seasoned rice.

Thanks. That is some good tasting rice and I don't even care for the stuff. :D

It's not fair for him to cheat like that. Mt stomach started growling immediately.:bounce:

:biggrin2:

I'm a fanatic for asian style chicken wings. There was this Korean place in Decatur, GA that was pretty short-lived. I went there right after they opened and had the best wings I've ever and will ever experience. Absolutely incredible, just the right amount of sweet with, chili spice, sesame seeds etc. I tried them again a couple months later and they were different; place closed not long after.

I hear ya.

My favorite local wings are Zaxby's Teriyaki and then some from a close by Chinese restaurant. Their BBQ, General Tso's and Kung Pao wings each rank up there with the best I've ever had....every time I have them. :rofl: Hope they stay in bidness. They also make great best soups.

Batch of wings fried up today....same rub as yesterday's. Also did a batch of home fries & reheated the leftover eggrolls. Thankfully he killed it all.

Chupacabra Cajun on the fries, gives them a similar flavor as BoJangle's.

MOTS

Man that looks great! A good egg roll is one of my favorites.

dfhooked

Dub as always that looks excellent. What does your spice and sauce cabinet look like, it must be an impressive cabinet full of flavors.