Gulf Snapper

Limitless

The Gulf states have applied for exemption permits for authority to manage the Red Snapper recreational season in both state and federal waters. It is expected that they will be given the permits as a pilot for the 2018 and '19 seasons. Florida has announced that trip reporting will be required to finally get accurate data for management purposes. This could be a very good thing.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
The Gulf states have applied for exemption permits for authority to manage the Red Snapper recreational season in both state and federal waters. It is expected that they will be given the permits as a pilot for the 2018 and '19 seasons. Florida has announced that trip reporting will be required to finally get accurate data for management purposes. This could be a very good thing.

^^^^ Agree!

Anything to get the decision out of Roy Crabtree's hand is an improvement.

They're backing off the Gray Triggerfish regulations from what I'm reading.
It may be worth taking the boat to the Gulf this year.

Rabun

^^^^ Agree!

Anything to get the decision out of Roy Crabtree's hand is an improvement.

They're backing off the Gray Triggerfish regulations from what I'm reading.
It may be worth taking the boat to the Gulf this year.

The triggers are thicker than the snapper where I fish off the Forgotten Coast. That would be welcome!

mattbraswell

Last year you couldn't get a bait to the bottom before a trigger had robbed you blind! I even caught several trigger on the duster rig trolling. They were as plentiful as I've ever seen them.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Really sucks to throw 30 triggers back on a good day offshore. But it happens a lot.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Really sucks to throw 30 triggers back on a good day offshore. But it happens a lot.

Wow I bet!!!!!!!!!! You should see how mad I get if I have to throw just 1 trigger fish over!