Lake Oconee 3-15 through 3-17 w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I just got back from a 3 day trip to Lake Oconee with the BFL tourney today. There were 5 of us staying at a VRBO in Sugar Creek and fishing the BFL today. We all had a great time but the fishing was miserable today for just about everyone. I think that only 1 out of the 5 of us took home a check and nobody in our group put 5 fish in the boat. I think only 1 co-angler caught 5 fish and there were a lot of boaters with less than 5 including myself. I wound up weighing 2 fish today and had to use a shakey head to catch them on docks. Yesterday I busted a couple good ones cranking but today the bass wouldn't touch a crank. Water temps were anywhere from mid 50's to over 60 in some of the backs of pockets. Here's a couple nice bass from pre-fishing yesterday.

Attachments

• IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 831
  • IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 832
  • IMAG0219.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 835

jocko755

Nice - to bad those didn't bite on game day!

You think they went on beds? What was the change?

Still looks like a fun time!

Scout'nStripers

Nice - to bad those didn't bite on game day!

You think they went on beds? What was the change?

Still looks like a fun time!
Jocko, Thursday and Friday it was sunny and warming. We caught fish shallow on both days. Another boater who was with our group caught a bunch of 3-6lbers on both days. All of his fish were caught shallow on docks or on wood on jigs. All of the bigger fish we caught on my boat on both days were either up against rip rap rocks or seawalls in staging type areas. Saturday morning the storms move in and it was overcast most of the day. They just weren't biting in the same places on Saturday. Even the boater who caught a bunch of bigger fish Thursday and Friday zeroed on Saturday. I don't think they were on beds yet. Still a little early. I think they just didn't bite because of the weather change. Most of the fish caught in our group on Saturday were caught on shakeyheads and you had to work for them. They wouldn't touch a moving bait for us on Saturday.:huh: