Let's See those pictures hunting in the snow

nmurph

Great pics. My dad killed a really nice buck in the Christmas snow of '89 in SE GA...and my brother and I took our skies and slid down a bunny hill at a local church.

ripplerider

It was one of those weird things, I was putting my rifle and backpack in my truck in the driveway, I've been looking hard for one in your direction. When stef comes out and says, I don't know why your going to the woods, there's a big buck walking across the field. Well you know the rest of the story, I propped my o6 up against the kids slide, settled the crosshairs on the buck 200 yards away crossing the field. When he stopped I pulled the trigger, he was dead before he hit the ground. I'm tagged out on two nice 8 pointers now. Got a big boar the other day. I'm satisfied. Even though I didn't get to hunt this deer, I'm glad I got him. You never turn down a gift.

Time to hit the WMAs now. Thats a real nice buck! I see you put a scope on your rifle since the last pic I saw of it.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
It was one of those weird things, I was putting my rifle and backpack in my truck in the driveway, I've been looking hard for one in your direction. When stef comes out and says, I don't know why your going to the woods, there's a big buck walking across the field. Well you know the rest of the story, I propped my o6 up against the kids slide, settled the crosshairs on the buck 200 yards away crossing the field. When he stopped I pulled the trigger, he was dead before he hit the ground. I'm tagged out on two nice 8 pointers now. Got a big boar the other day. I'm satisfied. Even though I didn't get to hunt this deer, I'm glad I got him. You never turn down a gift.

Go ahead, tell 'em who's tree stand is pictured behind your deer.

The mtn man

Time to hit the WMAs now. Thats a real nice buck! I see you put a scope on your rifle since the last pic I saw of it.

Haha, yea, ive been having trouble focusing on my front bead and target. I shot a buck a week ago, he was about 80-100 yards through the woods, i had a reaaly hard time just aiming. I just grazed that buck. I went straight to alexanders and had mark set me up with a scope. Ive never really used one until now, it aint bad, just heavy.

The mtn man

That's a fine buck, Chris! You been piling them up this year. :cheers:
Resized952017120495214525.jpg

I got this and another 8 point, nd 2 does at the hancock county club. And a hawg.

Attachments

• Resized952017120495214536.jpg
    Resized952017120495214536.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,235

The mtn man

Go ahead, tell 'em who's tree stand is pictured behind your deer.

Haha, it was standing right in front of your treestand. But i swear i didnt accidentally hit your stand. Haha....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a big ol' gnarly boar there, for sure!

Looks like you ain't been starvin' lately, either. ::ke: :D

The mtn man

That's a big ol' gnarly boar there, for sure!

Looks like you ain't been starvin' lately, either. ::ke: :D

Haha, thanks for the compliment... ive gained about 50 pounds in the past year or so. I tried to gain some on purpose, but i got a little carried away. I need to lay off the biscuits and gravy.

George30022

That's a Great Deer /great photo

Man, that's awsome. A great looking Buck in the Winter. To be up there - out in the Snow hunting would be the perfect point of a GA Deer Season.
Too much Ice on the road to venture out and go Hunt.

critterslayer

snow2<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

snow<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

snow3<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

beginnersluck

I was lucky enough to get out in the snow and hunt National Forest up here in Stephens Co. I hunted a saddle between several ridges that was a junction for trails and there were tracks in the snow. Unfortunately, the deer weren't moving on those trails when I was hunting. Still it's a win because I was able to do something that I've never been able to do much...hunt in the snow.

Last edited:

NorthGaDawg069

Great Pic's Guys! Thanks for sharing! Wish I had some to share, but did not make it out, was too busy trying to keep my family warm with no power for 3 days. Thanks again......Beautiful Pic's

Latest posts