Timber question

Tombuster

I purchased some property last year. On two of my property lines a buffer area is marked with red paint all the way around the tree.

The back property line borders Weyerhauser land. Sometime in the last few weeks the marked trees on my side now have a white stripe halfway around tree.

These white stripes are on the Weyerhaeuser side going away from a corner also.

Why would they come on my property to mark a buffer area that is clearly on my side of a creek?

Attachments

• IMG_5805.jpg
    IMG_5805.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 570
The half bands are not intended to mark the exact location of the boundary line. They're intended to face in the direction of where the line is - and it should be pretty close to a banded tree. Thus, if the line is the creek, the half bands on either side of the creek will point inward towards the creek. If it's a surveyed line, there are usually 3 chop marks in the banded trees which also face the line. A tree intersected by the line will have chop marks on both sides (i.e. right and left side of the tree). Chop marks are also often painted. It's not an effort to claim part of your property but to preserve/designate the boundary.