Warwoman

Rabun

Did I read about a special rifle hog hunt at warwoman following turkey season this year? Dang if I can find it in the regs.

Killer Kyle

Yep! The two week hog season will be on all WMA's unless specifically stated so in the regs specific to that WMA. It is a modern firearms hunt, and I believe hunter orange is required. Correct me if I am wrong about the orange guys.

jkendal1

Yep! The two week hog season will be on all WMA's unless specifically stated so in the regs specific to that WMA. It is a modern firearms hunt, and I believe hunter orange is required. Correct me if I am wrong about the orange guys.

Where can I possibly find the info. I have called about hog hunting regs at 3 WMAs .Since hogs are year round, When can you go to hunt hogs on wma? Does it have to be in a season? I do know if its in a specific season you have to use weapons relative to that season.

GTHunter

Where can I possibly find the info. I have called about hog hunting regs at 3 WMAs .Since hogs are year round, When can you go to hunt hogs on wma? Does it have to be in a season? I do know if its in a specific season you have to use weapons relative to that season.

Read the regs. They are on the DNR website. Or just Google it... There is a section that talks about the new special hog hunt. You can only hunt on a WMA when there is a season open. Check the WMA you want to explore in the WMA section for exact hunt dates as each WMA is different

Rabun

Thanks Kyle. Danged if I couldn't find it in the regs although the copy I have was downloaded a while back. I'll download the latest and see if I can find it. Is it immediately following turkey season?

jkendal1

Thanks guys, I've read the 2017 Hunt Magazine/Regs, just not much hog info besides that small Hog section. Guess I was hoping for more haha. Thanks!!!

Rabun

Thanks Kyle. Danged if I couldn't find it in the regs although the copy I have was downloaded a while back. I'll download the latest and see if I can find it. Is it immediately following turkey season?

Just had to look a little more carefully...page 41. Yes looks like hunter orange will apply. Wish it applied to national forest land as well.

===============================

HUNTING FERAL HOGS AND COYOTES
A Feral Hog and Coyote Season will be held from May 16-31 on all
WMAs (unless otherwise specified). During this two week hunt, any
legal firearm for big or small game may be used except on Archery Only
areas where hunters can only use archery equipment. In addition, feral
hogs and coyotes may be taken during any small or big game season
with the appropriate lawful weapons. Hunter orange is required. No
night hunting or baiting allowed. Electronic calls may be used.

j_seph

In my search I did not see anything for Warwoman or even Chatahoochee

j_seph

WARWOMAN WMA
15,800 acres • 770.535.5700
DEER
ARCHERY
»
Either Sex:
Sept. 9-29
s
FIREARMS
»
Buck Only:
Nov. 9-12
c
|
Nov. 30-
Dec. 3
c
BEAR
ARCHERY
»
Sept. 9-29
s
FIREARMS
»
General Hunt:
Sept. 30-Oct. 8
s
|
Nov. 9-12
c
|
Nov. 30 - Dec. 3
c
TURKEY
Mar. 24-May 15
s
SMALL GAME
Aug. 15 - Sept. 29, Oct. 9 - Nov. 8,
Nov. 15-29, Dec. 4-Feb. 28
DIRECTIONS
From Clayton
Take U.S. 441 north;
turn right on Warwoman Rd.; go 3.5
miles to Finney Creek Rd.; turn left
and go 0.2 miles to check station.

across the river

In my search I did not see anything for Warwoman or even Chatahoochee

WMAs (unless otherwise specified)
During this two week hunt, any

j_seph

WMAs (unless otherwise specified)
During this two week hunt, any
I seen several had at bottom of each one Special Hog and Coyote hunt. However Warwoman did not have this under theres. So that looks like the (unless otherwise specified) part cause it is not specified under it to have one.

Rabun

I seen several had at bottom of each one Special Hog and Coyote hunt. However Warwoman did not have this under theres. So that looks like the (unless otherwise specified) part cause it is not specified under it to have one.

I would interpret the language as unless the specific WMA indicates there is no special hunt for hogs/coyotes, than there is. Which WMA's are you referring to?

Rabun

Just scanned a couple of WMA's and found this under

============================
ALTAMAHA WMA—
WATERFOWL
MANAGEMENT AREA

FERAL HOGS & COYOTES
Mar. 1 - May 31. Rifle restrictions
apply. Small game weapons only.
============================

This is an exception to the general WMA hog/coyote special hunt as the dates and legal weapons are different from the May 16-31 special hunt covering all WMA's unless specifically noted. So I would conclude if there is no language indicating specifically that the May 16-31 hog/coyote regs do not apply for that specific WMA (like Warwoman), than the May 16-31 hunt does apply to a specific WMA. There is also no mention of sign in or check in required for the May 16-31 hunt....unless specifically noted of course. I think the key is to insure you read very carefully all the language under the WMA's you plan to hunt for the May 16-21 hunt.