If you're not a member of the NRA, you might want to be now

bonecollector123

I do not agree with any restrictions.
If you examine the incident in question ,Parkland, there were numerous laws that if followed would have prevented the tragedy.
There were also questionable training and policy issues that may well have nipped the issues at the start.
So let's give our government another law that they can misinterpret and misapply.
Government is not the friend of the individual. That is why we have the BOR. Fortunately some wise old guys foresaw how government could erode our personal liberties and they took steps to protect us.
Now some want to disregard those protections in the name of an illusion of security.
As B. Franklin said, those people deserve neither security nor liberty.:flag:

No doubt the FBI the local police and a lot of other people dropped the ball on this kid. It sounds like he should have been locked up a long time ago. Anyways you guys all have good points and I don't disagree with most of you, I just feel something needs to be done at some point if not the government is just going to come down harder on all of us.

tcward

Let’s kick in some extra cash to the NRA today in response to this “March of our lives” rally!

swamp hunter

As far as the young enough to join the Military , Young enough to buy a weapon...That don't fly boys and girls..
When I went into the Army back in 72 the first thing they Didn't do was hand me a M16 and a 30 rounder.
Training and more training..Night moves . all the stuff.
Then I got my own M16 .
I didn't just walk into a Gun Dealers store with my High school buddy's and grab some Bushmasters and 500 rounds..just cause it was on Mortal Combat and I feel spunky ..
Society has changed.. We're the Old Guard..

shdw633

As far as the young enough to join the Military , Young enough to buy a weapon...That don't fly boys and girls..
When I went into the Army back in 72 the first thing they Didn't do was hand me a M16 and a 30 rounder.
Training and more training..Night moves . all the stuff.
Then I got my own M16 .
I didn't just walk into a Gun Dealers store with my High school buddy's and grab some Bushmasters and 500 rounds..just cause it was on Mortal Combat and I feel spunky ..
Society has changed.. We're the Old Guard..

You are old school, I was shooting M-16's within three weeks of basic, marksman with it as well, if your old enough to die for your country, your old enough to buy from your country.

Lilly001

My mother, An 83 year old grandmother, just joined the NRA because she saw the marches on TV.
She said my father, now deceased, would roll over in his grave if he saw such idiocy.
So she joined in his memory.:love: